Do you have a soap dispenser at your prep sink?

Kristen HallockMay 10, 2013

Title says it all. I plan to buy a soap dispenser for my main sink and I think for my prep sink too. I assume I will need soap there, right? I've never had a prep sink before.

Do you have a soap dispenser at your prep sink?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Yes. I use hand soap in both. I would be lost without it at the prep sink as I wash my hands there more than at the cleanup sink.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 11:09AM
eleena

Not yet, but I will (as soon as I pick a faucet). Can't imagine my life w/o it. :-)

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 11:27AM
sleevendog

Would not function without. I'm a modernist and like built-in simplicity. Not one more thing loosy-goosey on the counter or sink-side. I tend to overfill and get pissy when i put the plunger back in and soap oozes...so i use a chopstick and check as i fill like checking oil in a car. haha, it worked the last time i filled. (seems about every three weeks)
These are super nail brushes used in hospitals. Plain and simple and at every one of my sinks.
Go right in the dishwasher when i need to. Great for gardeners.

Here is a link that might be useful: doctor nail brush

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 1:04PM
Molly Phillips

Another "yes" here - and I am SO glad I have it!

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 1:16PM
Annie Deighnaugh

No. We don't wash our hands there.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 1:45PM
attofarad

Yes. I haven't finished the remodel, so I haven't used it yet. It is for dish soap, not hand (same as the main sink), but will also be used for hands I'm sure.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 2:41PM
cbusmomof3

No, but I wish I did...

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 2:45PM
muskokascp

Absolutely! Hand soap in both dispensers at prep and clean up sink. The whole family uses them daily.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 2:57PM
gwlolo

I added one based on feedback here. I am glad I did.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 5:17PM
mpagmom

I have hand soap at the prep sink and dish soap at the main sink. The prep sink is where I usually wash my hands, but I can wash them with dish soap if I happen to be at the other sink,

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 7:57PM
dilly_ny

Yes, very handy.

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 9:03AM
lascatx

I do. It supports my prep space where I handle produce and meats as well as my baking area where I handle butter, eggs, doughs, etc. If I only had produce, it might not matter so much, but with all we do there, I definitely wash my hands there -- more often than at the cleanup sink and my kitchen wouldn't work without that ability. The island space is also less conducive to having a soap bottle on the counter, so I think it's even more important at the prep sink than at the clean up sink [but I'm not giving up either ;-) ].

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 1:04PM
meisocal

Have it now, but not planning to have it in the new remodeled kitchen. Reason: 1) Never know when it's empty 2) very difficult to tell fill level when refilling and makes a mess.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 3:18AM
doonie

Yes! I find it very useful at both sinks. At my prep sink, I am putting dishes together including those with meats, fishes, etc, so I think it's vital to clean my hands immediately after touching them. I am very happy I have one and consider it necessary to my way of cooking.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:19AM
breezygirl

Meisocal--You need a NeverMT. It's a tubing system that connects your soap dispenser to any size container of soap of your choosing underneath the sink. My prep sink NeverMT is connected to a Costco-sized liquid hand soap container that wasn't quite full when I installed it. Its been 18 months of very heavy kitchen use, and there's still a couple inches of soap in the container. Love not having to refill the small soap jar that comes with the soap dispenser!

Here is a link that might be useful: NeverMT system

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Countertops for butlers pantry
We have a wall in pantry that will need countertops...
aktillery9
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
the cabinets are coming, the cabinets are coming...
some may recall the debacle with our cabinets. delivery...
lmgch
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™