has anyone seen or installed a cabbinet door activated tapmaster?

scrappy25May 11, 2014

sorry for the typo on the title.

Should be "Has anyone seen or installed a cabinet door activated tapmaster."

I was looking for a tapmaster that could be dual activated from both sides of a peninsula, and found the one that comes with cabinet door and footplate activation. I would rather have dual footplate activation or even better dual Euro rod activation, but those do not appear to be choices for purchase. The cabinet door activator seems a little precarious to me, I can envision accidentally pushing on it from the other side of the peninsula while the faucet was turned around for filling a cup, and getting water all over the sink. I do want the primary location of the tapmaster in front of the sink to have the footplate or the Euro rod.

I am planning a Kohler Stages 45 sink with two identical faucets but only one will be tapmaster activated. Hoping that we can easily acclimatize to which one is on the tapmaster and which one is not. Does anyone have a good idea for a tag or sticker of some sort for notification? I will get the tapmaster that can be locked on so that guests can operate each faucet as usual when they are in my home

This post was edited by scrappy25 on Sun, May 11, 14 at 8:35

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brightm

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'd love to take a slight highjack. I've had a Delta Touch2O since just after they came out. I love it. But now we're remodeling and want something nicer. We were also leaning away from a touch or motion system since it does tend to confuse guests.

I read about Tapmaster when I first started thinking about the kitchen reno and had forgotten about it. It seems like that could be the solution for my situation, now that I know you can make it 'normal' for guests as well. I assume it's easy to do so.

If I get a normal faucet, do I have to do Tapmaster at the time of install, or is it just as easily added later? And am I understanding correctly that some can be locked on and some can't? If so, is there a feature name or a particular model to point me towards?

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 9:39AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scrappy25

here is the best comparison of tapmasters that I have found, explains which ones lock and which ones don't..

http://kabdental.com/small-dental-equipment/automatic-faucets-eyewash-stations-soap/tapmaster.htm

I understand that it is a pretty easy retrofit.

Hoping someone will reply about the cabinet activated ones or how to make a dual foot operated one.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 1:29PM
More Discussions
Need blackish paint suggestions
We have assembled most of our Barker cabs. The wall...
aktillery9
Do upper super Susan shelves obstruct view?
The 42" tall upper corner cabinet was drilled...
tea4all
1880s house kitchen: need to work in the current space
Note this is cross-posted at suggestion of a reader Plans...
islandgarden
Resurrecting kitchen project Part II
My husband’s kitchen deadline is still May, but it...
margo456
New build Kitchen – layout for this space?
So, hi! Popping out of lurk mode because I’d really...
am_e
Sponsored Products
Eileen Brushed Nickel Three-Light Chandelier
$196.00 | Bellacor
Hatton Linen Tower by Wyndham Collection - Light Chestnut
Modern Bathroom
Admiral Antique Nickel Three Light Chandelier
$324.30 | Bellacor
Bestar Active Tuscany Brown 48 x 24 Rectangular Computer Desk
$227.08 | LuxeDecor
Sea Gull Lighting 77033-98 Center Stage Stainless Steel Flush Mount
Littman Bros Lighting