Don't sew, but making drapery panels

jshkshApril 15, 2008

Ladies,

I don't sew, but am about to make drapery panels using fusable tape. I plan to line and weight them and add drape hooks to hang rings. Are there any great tape brands you could recommend for this and any other tips you could offer?

Thanks a bunch!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Steam a seam 2 is a good fusible,but i don't know about using it to make drapes with.That's a lot of weight to have to hold.Might be better to buy ready mades,or pay someone to make them for you.You could also go to your local adult ed classes and take some basic sewing lessons,then go to the library and check out the singer sewing for the home series,there's one on drapes and curtains.

It's just straight sewing,but you still need to know what you are doing,and how to do it.Otherwise you could end up being dissappointed in the outcome.JMO
Kathi

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 4:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tavernhill

Be sure to test out the iron-on tape to make sure it doesn't pucker up your fabric because you have to use a pretty hot iron or steam to make them melt. You can also try a good quality fabric glue. Test it first so that it doesn't spot the material.

Hand sewing in the side hems is not hard to do and the draperies will hang better.

Good luck,
Susan
Tavern Hill

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 2:44PM
More Discussions
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™