Chamberlin Garage door limit problems

dyhrdcubfan4September 23, 2011

Hello,

I just replaced the gear kit on my garage door operator and now the limits are all messed up. I dont know what I did wrong here. This is not the first one I have done. When I adjust the limits for the down travel and up travel there is no change at all. Continues too far going down and sends door back up. When going up travels all the way to the head which is causing the door cords to almost come off. Any ideas here? Anyone know how to set to factory settings or where the placements are to go inside the head?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Make sure you put the black cup back on the end of the motor shaft and that it is pressed all the way on. Make sure the RPM sensor is plugged in. If neither of these are the issue, then you probably did not have the motor shaft pushed all the way back when you tightened the coupler after replacing the worm gear. Loosen that coupler up and from the front of the motor (opposite end in which the coupler is on) push the shaft back as far as it will go. Hold it there while you tighten the coupler back up and then try it.

Bookmark   September 24, 2011 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
betty_joanne
foul intermittent smell somewhere?????
So here's our problem. We have lived in our house for...
curtzilla
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™