Shed placement

qrz_n2hoSeptember 19, 2009

Hello all,

On my back yard I am planning to install a metal shed 5'x8' right next to the brick garage wall. The garage is detached from the house, the back of the shed should face the garage side wall.

My question: is there any code or rules about of what is the minimal distance between the back of the shed and the brick wall for such a project? Can I put it as close as possible or should I allow some distance, like 1 foot or so? Any ideas?

I would appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

check with the local permit office, you don't have to tell them who you are or where you are installing it. most 40 sqft sheds don't have to have a permit(though some areas do require it), and therefore are not subject to many "code" issues.

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 12:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

Always a good idea to check with the local building code folks with stuff like this. They may even have the information available online.

If applicable, you may want to check with your homeowners's association or for deed restriction. Shed's are one of those things are are frequently restricted by size, construction, and placement.

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 8:32AM
More Discussions
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
Asbestos in Popcorn Ceiling/ worried sick
Hi. My house was built in the late 60s and I recently...
mogley966
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
john2525
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
concrete over concrete?
I have filled the space under my front door threshold...
robinasq
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™