Flashing green LED light on garage door opener

cyoshSeptember 14, 2006

The green LED light on my Craftsman garage door opener (I don't know the model number off hand, but I've had it for several years, the wall unit only has the button to open/close, a lock button and a light button and the remote has 3 rectangular button-2 about an inch long and 1 two inches long with a green transmitter light) is flashing rapidly. I tried pressing the green button quickly and holding it down for several seconds (more than 10) but it won't stop flashing.

The other day I found an old remote and I pressed it (that was stupid!) That caused my "new" remote to stop functioning. I re-programmed while the green light on the opener was still flashing and my remote was able to work. The problem was that my door was opening and closing from all of my neighbors remotes! What can I do? I can't find the manual.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

If that LED is flashing rapidly it means the opener is receiving a signal. Take every remote you have and remove the batteries. Make sure you don't have an old one stored somewhere that could have something pressing against the button. If you have added anything new to the garage or house that plugs into the wall, unplug it and check the opener. I would do each of these things one at a time and check the opener.

What was the original symptom you had other than the light flashing?

Bookmark   September 14, 2006 at 7:12PM
cyosh

Thanks, Don. It must have been one of those old remotes that was stored in a drawer in the garage. I removed the batteries and tossed them and that did the trick. I was then able to re-program the remotes and my Home Link.

This forum is great.

Bookmark   September 15, 2006 at 5:03PM
anthonyw69_charter_net

When I press the code into the wall mount outside the garage, it starts to blink and the garage door will not open. when I press the wall mount inside the garage it works just fine. can you please advise

Bookmark   December 18, 2010 at 5:21PM
jose_larriu_hotmail_com

wall switch of garage door opener will not stop flickering.
It opens and closes door fine.I replaced switch,but it did
not solved the problem.

Bookmark   January 4, 2011 at 9:37AM
petieboy778

This morning, my wall-mounted Chamberlain garage door opener button, which is usually a steady green, was flickering green nonstop. None of the remotes worked.

I discovered that the problem was that somebody had inadvertently hit the "lock" button (to the above/left of the main button). The solution was to hold the lock button down a few seconds, and the green LED switched from blinking to steady green. All of the remotes then worked as before.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
Help - how do I fix this tippy fence - did a dumb thing
Am building a 6 foot wood privacy fence (L shape) from...
kashka_kat
Roof leak - strange behavior
I hope someone can help here... History: our roof...
chanj
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
blakekr
How to stop leak in flat low slope roof
We have a low slope roof over our sunroom and car port....
thebigad
Help With Siding Repair
I have a problem which is ... this: That is a slat...
justme4now
Sponsored Products
Kichler Suspension Modern Contempo Island Light
1800Lighting
Transitional Corrosion-resistant 1-light Bronze Outdoor Wall Light Fixture
Overstock.com
Milo Outdoor Pendant
Lightology
Laila Rustic Antique Bronze Four-Light Chandelier
$189.80 | Bellacor
Brass with Rust Shade Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Steam Spa Royal Accessory Bundle for Steam Spa Steam Generator in Oil Rubbed Bro
Beyond Stores
Black Pleated Shade Brushed Nickel Swing Arm Desk Lamp
$93.99 | Lamps Plus
Justice Design Group WGL-8922 - Modular 2 Light Bath Bar - Oval Shade - Matte Bl
$290.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™