Making a Duvet Cover

dakota01April 6, 2012

I have no sewing skills - but my sister certainly does.

I have looked for a new duvet cover and really haven't seen a ready make on that I like. Or if I see one the coordinating drapes are 84 and I need 96.

How hard would it be to make a duvet cover?

I wonder that,since she hasn't made one for herself and if I had her skills I certainly would make one. I would do custom everything !!! Though, she has made all her new homes drapery treatments and they look FAB!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

A duvet cover is just a big pillow case and easy to make. The thing is getting material that is wide enough to make it.

I suggest you look at sheets. If you can find a pattern you like it would be easy to make a duvet cover and even drapes out of flat sheets.

The thing about sheets is they are already hemmed. You need 2 flat sheets to make a duvet cover. Measure your duvet buy the sheets that most closely matches the cover. Leave the top hem alone and cut any excess off the bottom and sides. Make sure you leave enough on the top to overlap the seams. Now sew all three sides leaving the top open. Then sew velcro on to the hems to close the envelope

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 10:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dakota01

Thanks - I'll start looking

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
lsst
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
vithdude
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
altering pants
When I take in the legs of pants, I take in both seams...
laurenjay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™