QOD: Friday, 20th of February

walksaloneFebruary 19, 2004

Starting early.

"No answer is an answer".

Yes or no, your thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tinmantu

No answer is definitely an answer...sometimes it's because of hesitation on how to reply, sometimes it's for fear of reprecussion and sometimes it's because mama taught us that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

"You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you....You have to go to them sometimes"
-Winnie the Pooh

Bookmark   February 19, 2004 at 9:24PM
Don_

No answer is not an answer. It may be shyness, fear of rejection or a need for just a little more prodding. I always stay near and patiently wait. It has always worked for me.

Bookmark   February 21, 2004 at 10:42PM
Tinmantu

Welcome, Don.....but to elaborate on my statement, the questioner receives their answer by no reply, whether it's right or wrong it will be assumed (most times correctly diagnosed)...I hate assumptions myself.....I'd have to say that I am shy person when it comes to dealing with crowds and such, and shyness and aloofness are so easily tied together....I now try to speak up and distinguish one from the other....never fear rejection....if you didn't notice, I am prodding you you post some more :)

Bookmark   February 21, 2004 at 11:32PM
More Discussions
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
Older women, younger men....
I've been recently widowed, and although I would love...
patty_cakes
Last weeks snow
I didn't know how to post 2 photos in one thread so...
emma
Good Morning Everyone
It is such a beautiful day here in Kansas and I feel...
emma
Coffee Shop III
Hello, everyone. I had to smile. I was looking for...
candler
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™