Washer/Dryer-recommend?

msmagooJuly 13, 2014

Recently, we rented a home at the beach. Surprisingly, the home had top end(not cheap) appliances. The washer was a huge top load, we were able to get every towel in the house in there! The dryer looked was great too. Although my units still work, I hate them! The spin cycle always leaves towels feeling wetter than I think they should and the dryer doesn't seem to sense whether the clothes are dry like it should. Can someone recommend a mid to upper end set that they love? I would really like to get something big enough to handle comforters, etc.
Thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cyn427

Why not get the same ones your rental had?

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 12:29PM
joaniepoanie

I have an LG top loader with "wave force technology" and dryer and am happy with them so far...2 1/2 years. The stainless steel tub is large with no agitator. I can fit a king size comforter with no problem.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 12:36PM
Sueb20

I hated my front loader for so long and it finally started giving us trouble so rather than even attempt to fix it, we immediately bought a new top loader. We got the LG model that joanie has and I love it. I can fit twice as much stuff in it, and it doesn't smell or have balance issues like our other machine did. We've only had it for a couple of months, though, so I can't comment on long-term performance!

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 2:02PM
lascatx

My sister has the LF top loader without an agitator and I have hte front loader LG. We are both happy. I love how much mine holds, spins them dryer than the top loader I had ever did and washes comforters, sleeping bags, quilts, a set of queen sheets and one king set.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 3:00PM
tinam61

Another top loader here and I LOVE my washer/dryer. Fisher Paykel - I'm guessing we've had them around 5 years now. Honestly, I would do a commercial for the company.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 5:29PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

What did they have at the rental?

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 5:45PM
kswl2

Bosch, seven years, going strong. The wash cycle is long but with a spin cycle at 1000 RPMS, clothes come out of the wash practically dry. Ten minutes in the dryer is usually all that is needed.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 10:08PM
justgotabme

I have a Kenmore Elite top loader HE machine and matching dryer. Hubby wanted to buy me a new front loader set for years, both the old ones still worked, but I kept putting him off saying they clean and dry our clothing so I'm fine.
I'm glad I waited, because so much of what I heard on this board was so many not liking their front loaders.
No mater what you buy, it could be worth waiting until Black Friday. Sears has amazing deals every Black Friday.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 10:57PM
tinan

Love our LG washer with steam - it's front loader although if you have the space (don't need stacked) the top loads sound amazing. We have a plain old Hotpoint dryer - last home we had matching LG's but this time I went cheap on the dryer... it dries but it has no insulation in it so it sounds so LOUD even without zippers or buckles! It's in our upstairs hall so the dryer noise is an issue. It doesn't have anything fancy but the humidity sensor seems to work fine. If it ever burns out I'll probably get an LG to match washer but it will probably last forever.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Advice on blue ceiling please
I'm planning to repaint our living room sometime soon,...
jlc712
tibbrix
Does anyone know how to find a painting seen in a movie?
About a month ago, we were going out for dinner and...
pickyshopper
Art height...opinions
i'm hanging six botanicals above table. Do you think...
Kitch4me
Annie D. & others -- Should I say goodbye to my crystal chandelier?
I'm redecorating my dining room and am doing British...
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™