What kind of gutter system is this? (photo)

newhomeowner-2009September 15, 2009

Hi guys. I'm transplanting this from the tail end of another msg. thread about gutter leaf control devices. It looks like a cheap $2 strainer, available by mail order, will do the trick. But it says it is for a "5 inch K Style gutter system."

I've got an older home in the Catskills with a conventional looking gutter system. A photo below. Does this look like a 5 inch K style gutter system? I need to know before I order this by mail.

This photo doesn't show the actual gutter that I need the downspout cover for, but all my gutters are the same. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Looks like 5 inch K style.

    Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 9:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks. I'm still in the city so I couldn't measure it. But I see they sell the strainer in Home Depot, so I don't have to get it by mail and can easily return if it is the wrong size.

    Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 10:07AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
T1-11 siding: Replacing rusted z-flashing?
I have several questions about z-flashing for T1-11...
Roof leak - strange behavior
I hope someone can help here... History: our roof...
how did gap between floor and wall close up by itself?
I have hardwood floors and there is/was a spot at the...
Can you clear my doubt about home security system?
I have a home security system installed recently. Do...
How to fix 1" gaps in drywall seams?
We recently bought our home (build in 1938). One of...
Sponsored Products
8.5-foot Scallop Cup Copper Rain Chain
Double-Link Rain Chain
Signature Hardware
Palram Aquila 2050 Awning - HG9510
$429.00 | Hayneedle
Red Hummingbird Haven Feeder
$16.99 | zulily
Palram Vitoria 5000 Carport - Gray / Bronze - HG9130
Metro Vacuum and Blower
$239.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™