Expecting a Blizzard

emmaFebruary 25, 2013

We just had 14 inches of snow last week which was the worst we have had since 1964 and a more serious storm is suppose to hit NOW. It is already slushy out, had to walk carefully to get the paper. There was a photo in the morning paper showing the bread shelves totally empty it's entire length. I emailed my Sis and told her I was prepared, I have cookies, milk and cereal, I can endure anything now. During the last storm I had no cookies, so she emailed me some biscotti. That didn't work to well. LOL Here is a photo of what I have been doing the last couple of days. It was a lot of fun which doesn't say much for my life.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skibee

i'm hoping so...i've only seen a few flakes so far. and
it was around 4pm..i've been praying for snow. i like to
make snow ice cream.. the last snow we had a few months back - i used a whole gallon of milk like in a day & half..
sooo good and then i started using the snow like sonic
ice in drinks...let me tell u it's tasty...
it's 5:30 here now and i have my curtains open in one window and it looks real windy - but that's all.
how bout where ur at ?? i live in north texas and i'm still
praying for snow...

what i would do is go outside w/a big sonic cup and scoop it up full then come in and add vanilla, milk, choc. syrup, and sometimes i added malt or breakfast essestials in the packets - really just what i had on hand - must have the choc. sugar-free ice cream syrup / strawberry ( whatever is good for the taste buds) and get a spoon & get it on!!
i didn't put ANY sugar in it...YES
let me know ur weather conditions, plz

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:44PM
emma

Hi Ski, I live in south central Kansas, raised in Okla. We had some beautiful snow this afternoon, started with huge flakes and a little wind and ended with small ones blowing in a strong wind from the east. I don't know if it is over or not but looks like it. I like snow, it takes me back to the school days, watching it snow and wanting to go outside sooo bad.

We had snow ice cream when we were children, but I have never made it.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 8:23PM
skibee

why haven't u made snow ice cream ??
do u like ice cream ? it's my passion...
really my weakness....
hope ur enjoying the weather....
do u watch movies on line ? free movies
that's the main reason i finally decided to get a puter...
thanks for ur reply. love ya

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 9:28PM
emma

I love ice cream but prefer homemade or from the store. I really don't remember what the snow ice cream tastes like.

About the weather, not sure this is something to be enjoyed. It has changed drastically since I posted the original post. It is raining/sleeting, not sure what it is. Our home owners association just spent $3,000. to have the last snow removed from the street, driveways and sidewalks, now more snow.

Movies, books, computers and games are my hobbies. I had my cable TV canceled and buy movies instead. I have almost 400 movies and the same amount of books. I also play video games and work jigsaw puzzles like the picture. I watch movies from my recliner by the picture window so I can see the birds at the feeder. I can watch good movies and read good books more than once. I have watched 2 movies today as I work my puzzles. When I get lonely or have cabin fever I go shopping.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:26PM
skibee

what movies did u watch ?? i've seen argo,django unchained, lincoln,& the last stand...they were good & i
love thrillers..i watched a good doc. early this morning bout jfk that i've never seen before and it was a mind blower...
and another one this afternoon on how we are controlled by corrupt mass media...are u interested in that type stuff?
...i watch most of my movies on movie-forumz.tv..u log in
everytime & can watch all the new movies out..some are cams, but most are very good for free, anyway..try it
sometime and see what u think,ok?
btw....my snow ice cream is homemade, lol..
here's another site u might like:
onlinevideoguide/freemovies.org
gotta go and watch a movie now, catch u tomorrow/sometime,ok?
where in okla.? i was born in frederick,okla. bye

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:43PM
emma

I like a wide variety of movies, usually movies that make me feel good. It's easier to tell you what I don't like, movies with young giggling blondes, troubled teens, sad endings. I like movies with good stories like The Note. I have old ones like Mrs Minivere, Three Came Home with Claudette Colbert, National Treasures. I like the love scenes in older movies, they look like love not lust. Violence in movies like The Rock are ok. Medicine Man....the list goes on and on. I do not like a lot of sexual scenes. I buy a lot of the series also. I have all of Stargate, Starwars, Reba, NCIS. I think my favorite Movie of all times is Avatar because is it fresh, different and wonderful. I also like the bonus features on the movies, telling how the movie was made.

Checotah, Ok

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 8:39AM
kayjones

Like I said, Emma - come visit me! No snow, lots to do, friendly folks - we would love to meet you!

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 4:44PM
emma

Thanks but I am a loner, just like my Mom was. It is easier. I just need to get off my B*** and go somewhere for a few days. As soon as it warms up I will go to The Osage State Park in OK and spend a few days there, walk in the woods and do a little bird watching.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
Christmas
How many of you are spending it alone? Compared to...
emma
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
So where?
So where does one meet new people? I have tried all...
Linda
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
Sponsored Products
Marina 4 Piece Outdoor Patio Teak Sofa Set in Natural White
$1,743.00 | LexMod
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Oriental Weavers Rugs Grace Torres Multi
$98.97 | Home Depot
Birdie Mini Personalized Label - Set of 80
$12.99 | zulily
'Great Expectations' Wall Art
$19.99 | zulily
Tile Redi Shower Bases 42 in. x 66 in. Barrier Free Shower Pan in Black with
Home Depot