Craftsman Garage Door Light bulb flickers when opening/closing

flyingcheesesSeptember 6, 2008

I have a Craftsman 1/2 hp. I have noticed that when I open and close the garage door that the light bulb flickers and then will go off. Does this mean that my light bulb is getting ready to go or is there something wrong with the unit. It just started doing this in the last few days. We haven't had any storms or anything.

Thanks for your help

P.S. Was posted in another thread but it had reached it's limit so I started a new one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

sounds liek the bulb is bad/loose in teh socket/or a loose wire in teh opener to the socket. check to see if it is tight first, if it is, then chang ebulbs and see if another does it. if the new bulb does it then open the opener and check the wiring. unplug the unit FIRST!

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 3:24PM
don_1_2006

You might try unplugging the unit, removing the light bulb and pulling out on the center contact in the socket. This sometimes gets bent down and doesn't make good contact.

Bookmark   September 7, 2008 at 3:16PM
flyingcheeses

Thanks for the information. Turns out it was just a loose bulb. As soon as I touched it, the light came on. I tightened it and it is fine. Weird that the bulb would suddenly be loose after 5 years though. I haven't changed it or anything.

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 9:57PM
More Discussions
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
blakekr
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™