Roof repair -- fair price?
This is my first time posting here and I am hoping to get some feedback on a quote for some roofing repairs I plan to have done.
Anyways, some background information: my house is a semi-detached townhouse with an angled bitumen roof. It was built around the 1920s and the roof is in good shape with about 7-10 years left on it. There is a small front dormer shingle roof in the front.
The repairs that are needed are:
1. Re-attach and angle gutters (they are not angled properly and the nail are coming loose). Hidden hangers to be used.
2. New straps for downspouts (straps are broken).
3. Repair flashing damage with Vulkem roof sealant
4. Scrape, paint, and seal rust damage on the parapet metal flashings
5. Re-seal all of the windows with caulk (we have about 26 of them)
I live in the Washington DC area so we are getting ready for winter. All of this was quoted to me at $1100. I had another quote at a similar price and one other at nearly twice the value (I believe this roofer wanted to replace the rubber instead of simply sealing it the cracks).
Since I plan on having the roof placed in about 7-8 years, I figured this was the way to go. The questions I have are:
1. Does this seem like a fair price for this work?
2. For the metal flashing around the parapets, does this seem like a good strategy?
3. Is this Vulkem stuff good and will it hold up over the years?
Thanks for replying and let me know if I can clarify anything!