Shower Door Repair

spinartSeptember 9, 2008

My shower door fell off! It is a corner shower where the door swings out from the two side panels. It has a metal frame. The door was held in place by a top and bottom small L-shaped piece that is screwed into a a long hinge (like a piano hinge?). The top L-piece is gone (looks like the screw was stripped) and I can't seem to find a replacement. Neither the local hardware store or Home Depot carries such a piece. A local glass place that sells and installs shower doors indicated that I would have a difficult time finding such a piece. I really don't want to have to replace the whole glass shower at this time! Any suggestions on where to find my missing piece (and yes I looked all over the bathroom for it!). I've searched some internet sites, but can't seem to find the right thing. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy

Can you find out who the mfgr is (either from HD or tiny writing somewhere on the frame? Then you could call them and ask for the piece.

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 11:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spinart

I didn't see anything on the frame, but the glass had a logo that read TomPlus Floral Glass & Mirror. I googled both names and could not find anything under Tom Plus. Found something under Floral glass & Mirror. But all I could tell is that it was probably a business selling shower installations but looks like they may now be out of business. HOWEVER, I tried one last place - local glass & mirror place. They hunted and found a piece very similar to what I need. My brother-in-law is coming over tomorrow to try and fix it and I am keeping my fingers crossed we can do it!

Bookmark   September 13, 2008 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
blakekr
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
tlbean2004
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™