Shower Door Repair

kmcg123September 9, 2008

My shower door fell off! It is a corner shower where the door swings out from the two side panels. It has a metal frame. The door was held in place by a top and bottom small L-shaped piece that is screwed into a a long hinge (like a piano hinge?). The top L-piece is gone (looks like the screw was stripped) and I can't seem to find a replacement. Neither the local hardware store or Home Depot carries such a piece. A local glass place that sells and installs shower doors indicated that I would have a difficult time finding such a piece. I really don't want to have to replace the whole glass shower at this time! Any suggestions on where to find my missing piece (and yes I looked all over the bathroom for it!). I've searched some internet sites, but can't seem to find the right thing. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy

Can you find out who the mfgr is (either from HD or tiny writing somewhere on the frame? Then you could call them and ask for the piece.

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 11:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg123

I didn't see anything on the frame, but the glass had a logo that read TomPlus Floral Glass & Mirror. I googled both names and could not find anything under Tom Plus. Found something under Floral glass & Mirror. But all I could tell is that it was probably a business selling shower installations but looks like they may now be out of business. HOWEVER, I tried one last place - local glass & mirror place. They hunted and found a piece very similar to what I need. My brother-in-law is coming over tomorrow to try and fix it and I am keeping my fingers crossed we can do it!

Bookmark   September 13, 2008 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
Need help with shower tiles! Ceramic?
Please help me identify the preexisting tile in my...
shufflehop
home ventilation system (EZ Breathe)
Hello! Has anyone out there had the EZ Breathe Ventilation...
kaybree
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
what type of contractor needed for this?
What type of contractor is needed to replace a rotting...
pdg777
Sagging Anderson Storm Door
I had an Anderson storm door installed a couple of...
gridgedad
Sponsored Products
Quest Concealed 2 Outlet Twin & Diverter Thermostatic Shower Valve
Hudson Reed
Delta Trinsic 573000 Tissue Holder - Venetian Bronze - 573000
$42.49 | Hayneedle
Moen Oil Rubbed Bronze Posi-Temp Tub/Shower
Overstock.com
Grohe Talia Pressure Balance Valve Trim - Starlight Chrome
Modern Bathroom
Victorian 9-inch Oil Rubbed Bronze Solid Brass Shower Head
Overstock.com
Glenley Pressure Balance Tub & Shower System - Luxury Hand Shower - Lever Handle
Signature Hardware
MTI MTSB-5442MT Shower Base (54" x 42")
Modern Bathroom
Woodrow Wall-Mount Tub Faucet and Hand Shower
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™