photo cropping & cloning

mongotoMay 5, 2007

Hi, I want to crop someones head and shoulders and clone them into a family photo, anyone have any idea how I can do this and what program I need?

TIA mongoto

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowagirl2006

I think most photo editing programs will do this. I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 and it is an easy task.

You use the Edge Finder tool to cut around the subject, copy, then paste it into the picture you want. It helps to soften the edge of the item so it blends in. You can also adjust the brightness and hue of the subject so it looks more natural in the picture.

DIS (Digital Image Suite) is quite easy to use. I find it much easier to start with than some other programs.

I bought my software on eBay for about $30/with shipping. I think it is available at Staples also - and with a rebate it was nearly free. Not sure if that deal is still availble.

DIS has some great video tutorials with it - and one of the tutorials is adding a person/object to a different picture!

Here is a quick example I made for you. I cut the lighter pink flower from the first picture. I pasted it into the second picture, softened the edge slightly (to 2) so it didn't have a harsh "cut out" look. Then I added a drop shadow - as the other flowers had a shadow to them already.

It is very quick to do once you practice a little.

Let me know if this was helpful, or if you are looking for something else.
1:

2:

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Scrapbooking Kit for Boy's 1st Birthday
I have never scrapbooked before, but I would love to...
deltazinnia
Does anyone know where I can purchase these....
Those clear corners that you can place on paper,to...
catlady15
Scrapbook for Christmas
Hi everyone, I'm making a scrapbook for my hubby for...
june60
Warning about a Scrapbook site
Right after downloading an app from the site Scrapbook...
jubileej
How do I apply eyelets?
I need some help from you artistic and creative people....
caroline94535
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™