Where do you live?

gabrielesgardenJanuary 10, 2008

I live in colorado-denver. Have for virtually my entire life except for 5 short years while in my 30's, I lived in Chandler Arizona. All of it has been city living except for the last 2 misearable years before my marriage ended and after I returned to Colorado from Arizona, I lived in the Colorado mountains, just 25 miles from the city. It was a dumpy dirty little house on the north side of the mountain, but it was beautiful to live in the mountains...the nature, the walks/hikes with my daughter to get away from the hell house. I do miss that part of living in the mountins, but being single, I need to live in the city, I guess.

Where do you live?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mimi_boo

Oh, I'm so jealous! My long distance BF lives in Denver. I think the city is beautiful and we've taken several day trips to the mountains too.

I'm currently just north of Tampa, Florida. Been here for about 9 years now. Spent the previous 9 in the northern Atlanta suburbs and prior to that - 27 years all over upstate NY.

I'm getting itchy for a move. Perhaps Denver?

Barbara

Bookmark   January 10, 2008 at 5:37PM
kayjones

I live in Lee's Summit, Missouri.

Bookmark   January 10, 2008 at 5:45PM
gabrielesgarden

Barbara, my mom lives in Oldsmar Florida....I'm gonna go visit her the last week of this month.

Bookmark   January 10, 2008 at 5:48PM
gneegirl

I live in Bowie, MD, which is close to Annapolis and Baltimore. But, I would love to get the heck off the east coast. I think I have a little leftcoast in my blood - at least most people think so. I lived in short stints in Rochester, NY and Detroit. Gabriele, I have relatives in Chandler/Gilbert. I would miss it too. I absolutely loved the mountains there. I hope to visit them sometime this year - maybe Thanksgiving. I have a chance to uproot to Colorado Springs within the next few months. My company has an office there and they need contracts support there. I commuted between here and Chicago for almost a year, a few years ago, but this would be a total move. Now that the kitchen is almost finished - YEAH, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!, I'm not sure I want to just leave. We'll see...

gng

Bookmark   January 10, 2008 at 6:46PM
Jonesy

I live in Kansas, migrated here from Oklahoma in 1950 and have lived here ever since. I have always wished I lived in a log cabin in the Ozarks. Instead I will just be grateful for what I have.

Bookmark   January 10, 2008 at 10:01PM
lcw1947

I live in upstate New York in the Adirondack Mountains. I did live in Mississippi for five years then returned home. You can take the girl out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the girl.
Linda

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 7:10AM
kayjones

How close to me, Jonesy?

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 8:10AM
Jonesy

I live in Wichita. I believe we used to drive through your town when we went to visit my husband's sister at Warrensburg, Missouri. She lived in Grandview for many years also. My husband and I used to go to gun shows and doll shows in KC, so we are familiar with the south side and parts of downtown.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 4:49PM
kayjones

Yes, you would have passed through LS on 50 highway. Anytime you can make it down this way, just email me - I'd love to meet you! Jo

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 5:15PM
Jonesy

If I get to my SIL's again I will do that. My neighbor's and I often discuss going to KC and staying at the crown center hotel for some shopping, but we never seem to get around to it.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 8:38PM
mimi_boo

Linda - I may have asked before, but where in the Adirondacks? I lived all over upstate for over 25 years and taught school in Tupper Lake.

Barbara - now in Florida

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 8:13AM
Tinmantu

I live in the high plains of western Kansas.....lived in Colorado Springs for 10 years and loved the mountains...grew up here, thought it was a better place to raise a child and now I'm here more for my mom than myself. I'm only a 4 hr drive away from the Springs so I can still escape whenever I can...If you ever decide to go there Mary, give me a shout and I'll be your personal tour guide.

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 3:21AM
kayjones

Mary, don't follow Michael - he will lead you astray with actions you will NEVER forget! LOL

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 9:31AM
Tinmantu

Nah, I'd never do that Jo. I'm a gentleman to a fault.

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 1:31PM
kayjones

Oh, NO (Michael and everyone) - another slip of my memory - gosh, I can't remember CRAP anymore! TeeHeeeeeeee!!!!

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 3:15PM
gneegirl

I hear ya Jo - Michael has already shown us his cards with that other post. I KNOW very well not to follow him around! Glad I read this though - I need to let them know tomorrow if I want to go out there, but I've been too busy here to even consider it. Now I guess I'll put on my thinking cap - ooops, it's too small. Oh well; guess I'm staying here with my new kitchen and W/D.

Good laughs you two (K-J and Michael).

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 9:39PM
centralcacyclist

I live the nation's fruit and nut bowl, the California Central Valley. Modesto, CA.

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 10:38PM
Tinmantu

Oh but Mary, it would just be a three hour tour........a three hour tour.

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 11:03PM
gneegirl

Three hours - is that all!! Somehow I get the feeling that those would be three very long hours!! I tell you what - when/if I get there, I'll call ya; but not during tornado season - LOL...

By the way - those pics were breathtaking!!

Bookmark   January 14, 2008 at 1:54AM
Tinmantu

I promise not to bring Gilligan along this time....he is the one that screwed up my last 3 hr tour.

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 8:05PM
kayjones

Michael, excuse me??? You HAVE to bring Gilligan along! She just HAS TO meet the 'big guy', the 'boss' - ok, I'll stop now!

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 10:23PM
gneegirl

OK, what is Gilligan???? I'm assuming he's harmless...???

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 11:02PM
Tinmantu

Oh good grief...didn't any of you people grow up watching Gilligans Island as a kid....there was nothing obscene about it.....I was just saying it would be a 3 hour tour ,like the song. On another board once, the moderator had fun and changed all our names to Gilligan characters and we had a blast for a couple evenings....I was the Skipper. Had fun slapping my "little buddy" with my cap. Always was partial to Maryanne though.

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 11:14PM
centralcacyclist

LOL! Mike, I remember! I thought Gilligan's island was a permanent part of American pop culture. But there are people who don't know Paul McCartney was once with a band called "The Beatles."

Bookmark   January 16, 2008 at 11:22PM
kayjones

I know about The Beatles because my Grandma saved the record for me!

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 7:23AM
Tinmantu

Yep, just like my great grandfather saved that Woodstock album for me.

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 3:45PM
kayjones

Michael, what are you doing home from work so early?

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 3:47PM
Tinmantu

woke up with a fever and a nasty cough this morning....not much going on at work so I wasn't missed much....feeling better this afternoon, but I am about ready for a nap now, as I missed some sleep during the night.

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 4:14PM
kayjones

I awakened with a sore throat yesterday, but I STILL went to work! I'm sure glad I did - the big boss dropped in - I get to see him once or twice a year, whether I need to or not! LOL

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 5:29PM
Tinmantu

Wish I had been sick yesterday....blizzard conditions and 20 below wind chills....a little nicer today. I'll make it to work tomorrow, I'm sure.

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 6:54PM
More Discussions
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
Beware New Carjacking Scheme - All Read
I know you shouldn't post a message like this on this...
lovetogarden
The holidays and being alone
I just wanted to say, from all of us in the 'alone...
kayjones
Online - Internet Dating Sites
I have been single for about 7 years and ready to get...
sadler_mkb
One for the kiddies
Here is my latest wallpaper.
emma
Sponsored Products
Food Storage Canned Vegetable Garden Seeds
Overstock.com
New 3' X 12' Hand Knotted Wool Super Kazak Rosso Corsa Geometric Area Rug H5015
BH Sun Inc
Stacy Garcia Spice Dahlia 7 1/2" Wide Black Mini Pendant
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Armen Living T54 Black and White Lacquer Swivel Coffee Table - LCT54COBW
$500.00 | Hayneedle
Portfolio Hyde Red Wine Arm Chair
Overstock.com
C. L. Dhurries Blue Ivory Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$345.00 | Bellacor
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Border Town Red 9 ft. x
Home Depot
Outdoor Lighting. LV29AB Landscape Lighting Path Light Low Voltage (12V) Die Cas
$88.73 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™