What type of scrapbook do i need?

mrsgymApril 17, 2010

My son is a junior in high school. This summer I plan to organize our pictures, memento's from activities that he has been involved in over the years, and newspaper clippings. I want to create some sort of scrapbook for him. I also want him to be able to add to it in the years to come. I will be adding descriptions to the pictures, and that's about it.

What type of book would you recommend using? Also can you recommend sites or books that can give me an idea on how to lay out the material, and add descriptions. I also have no idea what supplies I'm going to need.

I greatly appreciate your help, resources, and any inspiration.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

You can type in scrapbooking for ideas, go to a big Walmart, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's Fabrics contact someone who sells for Creative Circles, or the other ones who do home shows. That is the best/easiest way to go.

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 9:05PM
mazer415

I agree just go to Michaels ro Joanns or some other craft store and check out the magazines they have on scrapbooking. There are plenty of ideas on layouts there and on the web...You can purchase a scrpbook, with a few pages, get some more pages that fit the scrapbook you are buying so you can add them as you need them.

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 6:34PM
tuesdayswife

If you have many different mediums and a lot of pictures, an easy but great way to go is with a d-ring album (I recommend American Crafts and you can buy those at Hobby Lobby... watch for them at 50% off!) then purchase photo page inserts (either vertical or horizontal or both!) and then you don't have to scrapbook ALL of the photos... maybe just scrap a few of them and then all corresponding or similar photos can just be tucked into to the photo page sleeves (like a regular photo album).

I did this with my "year in the life" album. I have 4x6 photo pages - both horizontal and vertical - intermixed with 12x12 scrapbook pages and even some 8 1/2x11 scrapbook pages just for fun! If you go with a D-ring album, ANY 3-hole page protector will be able to be easily inserted where ever you feel it needs to go! There should be PLENTY of room left over if your son wishes to add to it later.

GOOD LUCK!

Bookmark   December 26, 2010 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
Warning about a Scrapbook site
Right after downloading an app from the site Scrapbook...
jubileej
Scrapbook for Christmas
Hi everyone, I'm making a scrapbook for my hubby for...
june60
Cricut
Does anyone have the new Cricut system?
ngmnewlywed
How do I apply eyelets?
I need some help from you artistic and creative people....
caroline94535
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
Sponsored Products
Grayson 7-pc. Round Outdoor Dining Set in Black Finish, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Simpatico Sofa
Design Within Reach
Casdon Kids Play Pan Set - 502
$18.00 | Hayneedle
Pub 12 Inch High Outdoor Wall Light
$58.00 | Bellacor
Westbury Trimmed Black Shade Brass Swing Arm Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus