Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?

kaisermustMarch 23, 2013

Recently purchased an upholstered accent chair from a local furniture store. I want to make a slipcover for an ottoman to match the chair and while I can purchase the fabric from the furniture store for $58/yard I was wondering if there was an online source where I might purchase the fabric cheaper? I know the furniture store is making money on the fabric, just trying to save a little money. The fabric is from Lazar industires. I called them and they said I would need to order from an interior designer or the store where I purchased the chair. Anyone know where I can buy Lazar J440 Jemma Slate fabric for less than $58 yd. I need to purchase 2 yards. Thanks.
PS Interior designer's cost to me was the same plus 15% for shipping.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary_c_gw

Well, you can Google or Bing search the fabric name plus discounted, and see what comes up.

But, many furniture companies have exclusive agreements with the fabric manufacturer, and they don't sell to the public normally. You aren't going to find that fabric available until they have very little left and they sell off bolt ends to the discount houses.

So either buy it now, or you may be waiting a year or so. And it may never be available.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 9:52PM
onefineseamstres

I find great upholstry fabrics at Hobby Lobby!

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 3:52PM
old_house_j_i_m

My favorite online fabric source is FabricGuru.com

They ship any amount for the same price and have some great fabrics. An especially good stock of outdoor fabric. Theres a lot of tan and off white wince they buy overstocks and out of date stuff, but there are still a lot of choices if you look regularly.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
kenmore 12511 machine woth cleaning and keeping?
My daughter has become interested in sewing. I have...
kellim45
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
altering pants
When I take in the legs of pants, I take in both seams...
laurenjay
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
Upper Thread will not pick up Bobbin Thread.
Hi, I have a Brother XL3100 and the upper thread will...
sweetnlow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™