Montgomery Ward vintage sewing machine

MAA48910March 4, 2013

I have a Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine made in Japan after the war. It probably dates from the 1950s or 1960s. The motor was buuilt by the Electrical Manufacutirng Co. of WI. It is a Universal Motor, 115v. AC_DC 1/20 H.P. 5000R.P.M. A5. There is another number which I believe may be the model number, H 600 544. My mom was a seamstress but I am not, so I would like to sell it. It has a light, and runs nicely. There is a crank on the side, not a foot pedal or trestle. It is in a lovely wooden cabinet with a well in which the machine can be recessed, and a cover. I have a box which contains extra bobbins and some other items. I haven't located the instructions yet. This is probably a collectible rather than an antique if antiques must be over 100 years old but made of the kind of materials that really lasted unlike some of the materials used now. Please e-mail me if you know what this machine would be worth, or can provide helpful information.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shadylady2u

Sorry, but it's not really worth much. Maybe you can get $25 - $50 for it, but without the manual probably more like $25.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
sewing curtain that has print on one side
I wanted to make curtain that have the print side on...
tropical_thought
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
vithdude
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™