basement water seepage

kim286September 3, 2008

Where my asphalt driveway and stone foundation meet, there are spots in which there is a gap so they do not touch each other and water is getting into the basement. I can see areas where the previous owner spread cement. What is the best material to use along the foundation? We are going to do some repair work on the driveway (patch holes, reseal, etc) Should I look for some type of "liquid asphalt" to spread into these gaps?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jecky

We've finally gotten an offer accepted in SD. So now that we're in the process of getting the home, when we settle, we're going to want to make it our own.
We are completely new to San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can find out about good painters and other residential remodel contractors?

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 4:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hendricus

kim286-- Use a silicone or similar product between the concrete and ashphalt, they move at different rates and you want something flexible. Next time you are at a mall or large retailer look at the walls and walks outside and notice all the expansion joints that they use, you want to imitate that.

Jecky--- How does your answer relate?

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
concrete over concrete?
I have filled the space under my front door threshold...
robinasq
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
tlbean2004
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Should we raise/fix concrete slab in driveway or wait?
Just moving into a new house this month. So the inspector...
mattsk42
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™