long door knob latch bolt or striker plate spacers

jmorrowSeptember 15, 2011

I need help! remodeling a room almost finished but we just realized that 1 door frame is warped on the side where the knob is. it bows out in the center so the door knob bolt won't hit the striker plate. its too late to redo it, so does anyone know if any companies make an extra long (maybe 3/8 longer than normal) bolt? or spacers for the strike plate? I could make a spacer, but I thought maybe someone might make one a little prettier than I could make LOL. I would very much prefer a long bolt as it wouldn't be noticeable like a spaced out plate. I've looked around and can't find anything, I hope someone here can help. thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

can you make the bolt from a deadbolt work with a regular knob? if so that would be OK its just a closet door.

    Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 3:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

" its too late to redo it"

Why? Simply pull the trims on that side and shim the jamb straight. Nobody likes to undo/redo work, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do when you got to do it. If it's more involved than that,( we can't see your project here in cyber space), then you might consider putting ball and catch latches on the upper and lower parts on the jamb/door.

    Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 9:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
concrete over concrete?
I have filled the space under my front door threshold...
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™