Singer 241-3 - Worth anything?

trader889March 24, 2006

I was left an "old" Singer 241-3 with a table and motor attached. The machine works fine. Before I throw this out with the trash, I was wondering if this is even worth anything? Thanks in advance for any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

If it works you may be able to sell it.Almost everything has value to someone.I'm not familiar with that model,but if it's one of the older singers,some of them are better than the newer ones.JMO
Kathi

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 3:53PM
cmc_97

Is this what you have?

http://www.sewingcanada.com/sewcan_pic12.html

http://home.cfl.rr.com/featherweight/ind_241.htm

Seems there is a market for such a thing, either as a working machine or for sewing machine collector.

If you aren't interested in the effort involved in trying to sell it (which I can understand), and especially since it is working, you could give it to Goodwill or some other local charity and they can find it a good home.

CMC

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 4:54PM
trader889

CMC,

Looks exactly like the first link you posted, except table color is different. I'll see if I can get anything for it. Thanks for the idea on the charity route.

Ed

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 6:36PM
jms920

I know this is a very old thread, but I just became a member when I googled and found this.

I have a Singer 241-3 that I've used everyday for many years. I'm wondering if you ever found a buyer for yours.

A little background. I use to own a bridal shop. This machine was used there for over 29 years, on an everyday basis. I closed last year and now have moved it into my X computer room, now called my sewing room :D

I have another straight stitch machine I have to check the number on and a very old blind stitch machine. I would love to get rid of both of them. I've advertised on craigs lists for months with no calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I look forward to being a member here.

JoAnn

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 7:54AM
shadylady2u

I've bought and sold machines on Ebay. That's probably the best place, however, unless you want to go thru the hassle of shipping industrials, it's best to list them as local pick up only.
I have to tell you, that Singer model is really not worth much. You may get $50 at the most, that is if anyone's interested in it at all. I have old machines, but I would not be interested in it.
What's the model of the blind hemmer? Unless it's a US Blindstitch 718 model, it won't be worth more than $50 and you may not get much interest in that either.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:34AM
More Discussions
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
sewing curtain that has print on one side
I wanted to make curtain that have the print side on...
tropical_thought
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™