White cabinets and white or black appliances? Pics please!

snasMay 8, 2008

I have decided to put white cabinets in my new kitchen. I've looked at the other threads on this subject, but almost all of the pictures that I've seen of white kitchens have stainless steel appliances. I think they look nice, but they are obviously more expensive and harder to keep clean. I am worried that white appliances with white cabinets would be too white and that black appliances would contrast too much (although I am thinking about getting very dark or black countertops).

Please post pictures of your white kitchens with black or white appliances. I'd love to get a better idea about what it will look like.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glad

the other colors in the ktchen are key; i think black would look good if your counter is black, too, and you pulled through the black and white theme with backsplash/flooring. here is a link to my pictures; i have white with white.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Kitchen

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 9:25AM
smilingjudy

I was originally thinking the same thing, but I"ve seen both schemes on this site, and think they look really nice.

Here is one kitchen I particularly love: http://finishedkitchens.blogspot.com/2008/01/hoffmans-kitchen.html It has convinced me to put a white fridge in my soon-to-be white kitchen.

Someone also posted their galley kitchen that had an old-school white range and a black fridge with a mix of black and white(marble) counters. It looked really nice and not at all schizophrenic like it sounds. I had it as my desktop background for a while. Don't have the link anymore though. Maybe whoever that is will respond here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoffman's kitchen

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 9:35AM
snas

Thanks for posting both of those links! They both look really nice...especially with the color accents in the countertops and walls.

Anyone have pics of black appliances with white cabinets?

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 7:24PM
More Discussions
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
Help! White Kitchen, dark counter and gold/brass fixtures???
Actual kitchen; it's dark and dull! My husband and...
Azalia Speight
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™