Going back to work...don't want to

junkyardgirlJanuary 20, 2008

I have to work. I can't live unless I do. I have to go back and I just don't want to. I'm getting more depressed every day thinking of going back there next week.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gerry1117

JYG, I understand your need to hang on to your job. I don't know where you live, but I heard on the news last night that the unemployment rate in this state is at 16%, the highest in almost 20 years.

I have read some of your posts on other threads, so am somewhat aware of some of the problems you have been having. Hang in as long as you can since it's a matter of putting food on your table, just keep looking elsewhere. Something may turn up when and where you least expect it.

Try to think of the ones who are making your life miserable as being the ones with the problem. When you have to look at them, let your eyes see them as standing there naked and maybe that will help lighten your load and bring a smile to your face. Wouldn't that make them wonder?....

If at all possible, try to see a doctor about your depression. If you have no medical insurance, most areas have low cost clinics, or even free, depending on your income. Be honest with them (nurses, doctors) about your work problems and the stress it is causing you. That in itself could be a form of networking - one of them might know of someone who is looking for a good employee.

I wish the best for you. ((((HUGS))))

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 10:58AM
kayjones

Don't forget to DOCUMENT EVERY thing that is said or done - it might be useful to you on down the road.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 12:47PM
Tinmantu

How was the first day back, JYG?...I'm hoping it wasn't too stessful.

Bookmark   January 23, 2008 at 9:28PM
kayjones

JYG, what happened at work today - come on back and fill us in. We are thinking good thoughts for you each day.

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 8:46AM
eloise_ca

Oh jyg, I hope it wasn't too horrible. Just pray for a positive way out, and it can happen. Know that we are all hoping for the best for you.

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 8:46PM
More Discussions
Christmas
How many of you are spending it alone? Compared to...
emma
Survey: Do you really enjoy 'dating?'
I have done it a lot, and frankly I'm finding out that...
sayhellonow
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
Coffee Shop III
Hello, everyone. I had to smile. I was looking for...
candler
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™