After christmas sales on the internet

angel123December 10, 2008

I don't want to shop malls or crowds of people. Do y'all shop online on the day after Christmas sales, if so what online store is the best to shop with free shipping.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

You are going to find this year, the same stuff on sale before Christmas so look early.
Although not online, Lowes has already marked their Christmas 50% off and I bought some beautiful things.

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 8:28AM
laxsupermom

One of my favorite post-Christmas sales is the Barnesandnoble.com one. They have tons of books marked down to 1 or 2 dollars. A lot of these are gift worthy books like magic kits for kids or picture heavy coffee table books. The membership(only worthwhile if you buy books year round) gives you an extra 10% off. Any order over $25 gets you free shipping. I know that libraries exist and are one of the more obvious money savers vs bookstores, but books are my one little luxury. No mani-pedis, etc. Just give me a good book.

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 4:07PM
suesan_2008

Lands' End, L.L. Bean, Garnet Hill. Clothing and some household, seasonal and decorative items, even some furniture at LE and Bean. They actually always have quite a few things on sale, eg., Lands' End Overstocks. Been shopping with these companies for years because I never like the malls and which rarely have the size and colors I want. These companies really stand by their satisfaction guarantee and will send you free catalogs if you want. There's a shipping cost of course for orders, but very reasonable, even to me in Canada, and they still have good deals given the dollar difference. For outdoorsy stuff, REI and MEC are great too.

Bookmark   December 14, 2008 at 11:13AM
pammyfay

Angel: Are you looking for something specific? Like Christmas decorations or winter sweaters or boots? Or are you just looking to see what's out there marked down? Cuz if it's the latter, here's this money-saving tip: Just don't look!

I feel justified in saying this cuz I have two store merchandise credits burning a hole in my purse. I went to the stores a few days ago, wandered the aisles and saw nothing I needed! It's a good feeling. Trust me. I figure that I'll make one more trip in a couple of weeks or so and that if I don't see anything I want or need (and believe me, that "want" bar is pretty high now!), I'll buy some blankets and donate them.

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
Holiday decorations
Hey all, I've got a great money saving tip for everyone. You...
TmF1
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
Saving money when using an air condiioner or dehumidifier
This will actually save you money only if you pay for...
joyfulguy
How to Retire 35 Years Early
Wall Street Journal's Market Watch did a feature on...
jrb451
are your sheets coming off?
MY SHEETS WERE ALWAYS COMING OFF OF THE BED. ON A SHOPPING...
wjswecampbell
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™