OT - Grainlady.....

budsterDecember 5, 2010

I thought I was one of the few who still enjoy the wisdom of re-reading "The Tightwad Gazette" books. I own all three plus a compiled version (which was in the toss out bin at a local thrift store). I enjoy them each time I read them and feel renewed and refreshed somehow. I don't find the information dated - sometimes they are just require a new spin on a tried and true. do you find it the same? Anyone else ever get a re-charge from the tightwad's bible? Budster who thinks tightwad is a good thing!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grainlady_ks

I get inspired each time I read them and always find some words-of-wisdom I can apply. And as you say, they may need an update or a new twist because our "world" is much different than when the books were written, but the same truths still hold water. Those books are like chatting with good friends - without the personal drama (LOL)!

-Grainlady

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 5:06AM
veggrljo

I still read mine as well. They do have a wealth of information but I agree an update would be great. They always give me the insight to be able to try something I may not have tried before.

Bookmark   December 8, 2010 at 6:35PM
mommabird

I just checked the Complete volume out of the library again for the 10th or 11th time. I'm going through and writing down all the receipies.

Bookmark   December 8, 2010 at 10:56PM
grainlady_ks

mommabird - I make Bread Crumb Cookies from volume #1 I believe (sorry, too lazy to get up and check). It inspired me to go through old cookbooks and find all kinds of recipes incorporating bread crumbs - even a recipe for bread crumb brownies - but also for pancakes/waffles and muffins as well.

Waste not - want not...

-Grainlady

Bookmark   December 9, 2010 at 5:23AM
More Discussions
What 'Home Improvements' are worth it?
Hi, I posted this message as a response to the woman...
Eileen_MA
credit card question
I have a large amount of credit card debt from various...
christians1
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
What about saving money when renovating?
Does anyone have any tips for that?
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™