Value Village -- Calendars With Coupons Available Now!

Lola_LolaDecember 30, 2005

I don't know if Value Village (second hand store) is just a Washington State thing or what, but during December and January they have their calendars for sale. I just bought mine today ($2.16). It's the third year I have done so. The coupons are great. There is one for each month along the lines of "buy one, get one free" or "$10 off purchase of $30 or more" or "save $3.00 on purchase of $10.00 or more". I stop in two or three times a month looking for fun stuff (especially for things we can use in our medieval/renaissance decorated home, like pewter candle sticks, etc.) I also find great kids clothes for my 3 nieces and an occasional good book.

Anyway, I usually end up using about half the coupons. What I do with the other half of the coupons is this: if I'm brousing in the store and it is near the end of the month, so I know the coupon will soon expire, if I don't find anything that I want to purchase with it, before I leave the store I look around for an elderly person or a mom/dad with kids who have stuff in their shopping cart and I give it to them. I just explain that I don't think I'll be back in the store before the coupon expires, so perhaps they can take advantage of it. I always get great smiles and a nice conversation before I leave. It's always fun to share the wealth.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chuckr30

In Michigan, we have Goodwill, which takes in items (mostly clothing) then resells it. It's up to you to check if an electric item works. They don't check it.

We also have other companies, like Salavation Army, same idea.

Plus larger stores, like Big Lots, which buys odd lots from manufacturers. I got a gas powered weed whacker, major brand, for $50 brand new. I also get all my canned fruit and veggies there, only $.50 per can. It's a smallish store, but they have a little of almost everything: sheets, furniture, clothing, baby clothes (which can be expensive in other stores), food, tools (lots of tools), toys, etc.

Bookmark   January 23, 2006 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Problem: 400 lbs. meat, 90 degr heat, power outage 6 hour, ongoin
When the power went out just after 4 p.m. Thursday,...
joyfulguy
Money saving idea
Start deep cleaning your home. It is amazing the things...
ellendi
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
Quite a few made big savings on Amazon
Due to a quirk in their pricing software ... quite...
joyfulguy
Is this freebie site safe to use?
I found this site today but wasn't sure if I should...
marie26
Sponsored Products
Chadwick Mini Pendant with Glass Shade by ELK Lighting
$178.00 | Lumens
Trevie Oil Rubbed Bronze Two-Light Flush Ceiling Mount Light
$45.95 | Bellacor
Ginkgo Simple Stainless Polished Finish Flatware - 079914-18515-5
$75.99 | Hayneedle
Neo-Industrial Satin Nickel One-Light Mini Pendant
$79.90 | Bellacor
Shield Swivel I Head by LBL Lighting
$92.00 | Lumens