Other On-Line Autction Sites?

lilypad22December 7, 2004

Ebay is very popular and getting very big. My cousin had told me there were smaller auction sites where there were less bidders, better for buying (but obviously not for selling)cause the prices didn't go so high. I don't remember if there was goodwill or salvation army. Does anyone buy or sell at any of these others. I looked up goodwill, but I am leary if it is the official site. Anyone can set up a web site and I would like to know some that someones actually used and been satisfied with. Thanks!! tish

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wings2W

Tish..

I've shopped at Goodwill site and they're legit. Don't do too much as I think prices are high, shipping expensive and many items are low quality. If you have a local GW that lists on the site you can pick the item up. Saves shipping but you still have to pay the handling fee.

It's a rare item found at GW that you couldn't get cheaper on eBay.

Wing

Bookmark   December 8, 2004 at 3:03AM
steve_o

Yahoo! and uBid (www.ubid.com) both have auctions, though I don't know if uBid's permit "ordinary people" to put stuff up for sale.

There also are auction places dedicated to certain interests. For example, high-end audio is sold at Audiogon (http://www.audiogon.com).

Bookmark   December 8, 2004 at 4:28PM
bouncingpig

Yahoo is good, but very limited depending what you want and certainly no cheaper than ebay. For some reason, I have found the Yahoo sellers higher than ebay sellers, so even with less bids, you pay premium prices. In my opinion, for internet shopping, you can't beat ebay. But then, I also am a powerseller on ebay, so probably have a bit of a slanted angle on things!

Brenda

Bookmark   January 16, 2005 at 10:46PM
stella36

I have found many things on shopgoodwill.com at good prices, its all according to what you are looking for. Just last week I bought a brass door knocker still in shrink wrap for $5.00 the price on the back was $28. I feel I still came out ahead even with the shipping.

Stella

Bookmark   February 1, 2005 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
Quite a few made big savings on Amazon
Due to a quirk in their pricing software ... quite...
joyfulguy
credit card question
I have a large amount of credit card debt from various...
christians1
Is this freebie site safe to use?
I found this site today but wasn't sure if I should...
marie26
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
Holiday decorations
Hey all, I've got a great money saving tip for everyone. You...
TmF1
Sponsored Products
Roma Luxe Grand Pillow
$185.00 | FRONTGATE
Reef Sarong & Buckle
$12.99 | zulily
Henry sectional sofa
Interior Define
Brushed Aluminum Flush Mount 1-Light Fluoresc
PLFixtures
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: South Beach Kiwi 8' x 10' 6"
Home Depot
New Medallion 6'x9' High Quality Wool Heriz Hand Knotted Serapi Floral Rug H5834
BH Sun Inc
Worthy Leather Loveseat - Brighton Polinesia Blue
Joybird Furniture
Quaint Pendant Light with Latitude & Longitude Design
ParrotUncle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™