Repair of drywall

ejpipAugust 1, 2008

I tore down some wallpaper which resulted in damaged drywall (tore off some of the paper). I used compound to cover the areas, fill holes, etc. and when I was done noted bubbling of the drywall in the areas that the drywall paper had come off. I know now I should have primed these areas first but didn't know at the time. My question is how do I fix now? I used fine sandpaper and removed the compound from the bubbling areas so I can prime but since I want to prime the entire wall do I need to sand the entire wall first to smooth out before priming? After I prime can I still do drywall repairs? Would I then need to reprime? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yeah, you can put compound over the primer. And also over painted surfaces. But you need to reprime again.

    Bookmark   August 2, 2008 at 11:36PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
Metal fence panels - steel or aluminum? Best brands?
I want to put up a fence to divide my side yard from...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™