I fixed my Wheaton frosted glass cat!

arnettamaeAugust 22, 2014

I wish I had taken before pictures. There was a big scratch across the middle of this sleeping cat's back and a very noticeable somewhat circular scratch on his hip. The scratches looked like lines of silver paint but I assumed they must be scratches because they didn't want to come off by any conventional method. I found an Internet site (http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/clean2.htm) that mentioned toothpaste & wet/dry fine sandpaper. Specifically it advised:

Select a paper of similar coarseness to the surface on which you are working (too coarse and you risk leaving obvious scratches - too fine and the area will end up appearing more polished than the rest). Using a small circular motion, begin on the smear itself, and then gradually work outward with ever-decreasing pressure so that your repair blends in with the rest of the surface."

I used the "tools" I had on hand. Norton wet/dry sand paper 320 grit, Closys toothpaste (the brand I use with no sulphates), a spray bottle of water, and a washcloth to dry the object. I worked slowly and carefully as described and checked after each light pass over the damaged area by spraying the area and wiping it dry to make sure that the repair was blending in with the surrounding area. You see the unretouched results in this photos. My once damaged cat is PURRRFECT!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

It looks great! Glad it worked for you! Love the cat!!

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Help With Siding Repair
I have a problem which is ... this: That is a slat...
justme4now
Sidewalk crack
Any way to fill/hide this crack? I could cut slot wider....
stoveguyy
Door knob
My front door knob screws won't stay tight so if I...
padfoot4768
What is this stove part called
Found this item in the oven, I know it came from the...
pegasus101
Gable Vent Color Suggestions- Insight please
Hopefully someone can give me insight! We recently...
storyta
Sponsored Products
Dual Exposed Thermostatic Shower Faucet, Rigid Riser Kit & Round Head
Hudson Reed
Parker House - Aria 2 Piece Entertainment Wall -...
Great Furniture Deal
A19 Lighting | Silk Scarf ADA Wall Sconce
$319.99 | YLighting
20" Large Oval Glass Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Designers Choice Collection 3201 Series Low Voltage MR16 Black Track Lighting Fi
$45.90 | Home Depot
Blue Godchild Porcelain Frame
$16.99 | zulily
Outdoor Lighting. 3-Light Outdoor Tortoise Clear Glass Wall Fixture
Home Depot
New Hand Knotted Khotan Azure Blue 5'x7' Pakistan Super Kazak Oriental Rug H4070
BH Sun Inc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™