Garage Door works but makes 'loud' noise when opening
The door seems to be working ok, except that for the past few weeks we've noticed a 'loud' noise every time we open it.
Upon closer observation, this is what appears to be happening.
1) Door is closed.
2) I press the 'open' button.
3) Door seems to try to travel down first, but it was already closed, so it was already touching the floor.
Â Â Â This is where the 'loud' noise happens, like a big bang as the door is trying to drive 'down' into the concrete.
4) Then the door opens normally, without much effort, and without making much noise.
5) When I'm done and hit the 'close' button, everything works fine, smooth.
6) I've also tested the emergency feature and it works fine.
Â Â Â (door open, 2x4 on the ground, centered across door's closing spot. When I hit the 'close' button, door hits the 2x4 and travels/opens backup up.)
Any recommendations on what could be making the door want to start travel down when it's already closed and I am trying to open it?
Thanks a million!