Sewing tables

kathieloFebruary 3, 2009

I would love to replace my two machine cabinets with an "L" shaped sewing table. I need it to accomodate two machines and a serger (ovelock machine).

Has anyone purchased such a table?...from where?...how do you like it? Any other recommendations? My DH could probably build it for me if he had some pattern or picture to follow or dimensions at least.

I don't really need it for storage of fabric etc. as I am using a spare bedroom as a sewing room and have the closet space as well as two dressers. So far it has worked. I currently have the two cabinets in a L but the one has doors on it and is a pain to switch from machine to machine.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

How about those folding conference tables from the office furniture store.DH has 2 set up in the garage for his hobbies in an "L" shape,and i have one in my sewing room on risers for my cutting table.Ours are 8ft long,but they come in 6 ft also.
Kathi

Bookmark   February 4, 2009 at 11:02PM
msmeow

My hubby made tables for me. One is 8' and one is 6'; just a nice wooden top with straight legs in the corners and a support piece between the legs on the ends. I have plastic rolling carts from Office Depot with my stuff underneath the tables.

Donna

Bookmark   February 5, 2009 at 6:09PM
lizzie2

DH loves to make things, so my sewing tables are plywood (pretty thick 7/8 to 1 inch) covered with contact paper sitting on top of filing cabinets where I keep my patterns. He added a base to the cabinets to make them the height that I like. It is nice for when I want to move them I can and also kids are able to work on either side if we pull them away from the wall. I do have a Horn cabinet for the Bernina machine. With using the cabinets I can change the place of machines for kids also. I help 4Hers and I can have 5 kids sewing at once, push the cabinets together back to back to work on quilts or cut material on single side. I like it.

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Great show...fit2stitch
I just started watching fit 2 stitch with Peggy Sagers...
Annie Deighnaugh
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
White serger
I have a White Superlock 2000 serger. I have been sewing...
kathielo
Don't want to mess this up Please Help!
I'm wanting to make a doll for my granddaughter using...
skyanne_9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™