Can one convert a soap dispenser into a foaming one?

enmnmMay 30, 2013

Hi,

New counters, new faucets. I think the soap dispenser is by Delta. The lady of the house wanted a foaming dispenser, but couldn't find a built-in one, so we are stuck with the one we have. Is there a way to convert this regular dispenser into a foaming one?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

Dispensing foam soap requires a special pump. You can easily refill a foam soap container with a dilution of regular liquid soap to create a cheap refill of foam soap, but you have to have the special pump. If you can get the pump mechanism to fit on your built in dispenser then you are good to go.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 7:38AM
enmnm

Where can I buy a pump mechanism? I've only seen the complete unit--pump and bottle.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 7:40AM
sail_away

If anyone can figure out how to do this, I would love to know. Better yet, would there be a way to set it up with the Never-MT? My child has OCD tendencies and excessive handwashing is part of it. I have found that, by replacing the soap with foaming soap, it has eliminated the dry, red, bleeding hands that resulted from too frequent handwashing. I would love to put in new counter top's in the kids' bathroom, including undermount sinks and soap dispensers, but I hesitate because of the OCD issue.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 3:02PM
lazy_gardens

Buy the foaming soap and dispenser ... swap tops, or swap innards to move the foaming part over.

I think it also requires thinner soap.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 3:11PM
More Discussions
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™