OT -Hee, hee.......I can't wait to find out how.....

budsterFebruary 6, 2009

my niece who lives in Texas will cope with the change in her lifestyle now that it looks like she might be jobless. I do not wish her bad luck, but this is a girl who decided to have an expensive lifestyle on a worker's paycheque. She would phone to tell me the cost of having buttons sewn back on her toddler's clothing, the expense of getting her DH's jeans shortened. She can sew......not any great guns but enough to do these tasks herself as I told her many times - it was not from lack of time or skill, she just thought things like this were beneath her. It looks like reality is gonna hit big time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loganhogan

Cheryl,
I agree. A lot of folks are gonna be doing things the way grandma did.
Susan

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 8:16PM
susie53_gw

Cheryl, I don't understand things like this. We have alway done things for ourselves. Saved tons of money doing it over the years. She may have to learn the hard way.. Sad, but true. Sounds kinda sill that you can't even sew on a button..

Susie

Bookmark   February 8, 2009 at 10:10AM
budster

What is sad is that these little things cause "big trama" in her life....so much so she calls me to moan about them. I support her 100% because she is my niece but I have ALWAYS told her the cost of these little "jobs" add up and I am now thinking she will have to "relearn" many of these skills. It is sad to me as this girl may not be any great sewer but she does have basic sewing skills which could save her some of her hard earned paycheque which she will no doubt pay for someone else to do the job. Hopefully the sewer who does the job will need the cash more than her. Budster, known as "my cheap aunt"

Bookmark   February 9, 2009 at 9:59PM
More Discussions
Small washcloths
I am fussy about big terrycloth washcloths that are...
barb_roselover_in
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
White serger
I have a White Superlock 2000 serger. I have been sewing...
kathielo
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™