Half inch hole in drywall

graywings123August 2, 2009

I removed some white plastic fasteners from drywall and am left with round holes that are a half-inch in diameter. Can I simply spackle the holes or is something else needed due to their size?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Holes this size can be fixed by getting some mesh drywall tape and wadding it up so it fits tightly in the hole, below the surface. Then cover with joint compound and scrape level with a taping knife. Put on another coat or two as the compound will shrink in. Once it is level, you can lightly sand (only if needed), prime, and paint.

    Bookmark   August 3, 2009 at 8:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks, drywall_diy_guy!

    Bookmark   August 4, 2009 at 9:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™