Gutter Question

cciaffoneAugust 26, 2009


We have a short space where two intersecting roof lines

meet and dump a good bit of water on a standard gutter

that is only 12 inches long. Obviously overflows a lot.

So I need to find a gutter-type metal boxish thing

that is no longer than 12 inches, and can be about

8 inches wide and 8 inches deep, with a downspout

outlet in the bottom.

Mostly I am a) looking for what to call such a thing

when looking for it, and 2) where to find such a thing.

All help appreciated.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The easiest thing may be to do a simple drawing and take it to a place that specializes in flashing. They should be able to bend something up for you out of galvanized for a reasonable price.

    Bookmark   August 27, 2009 at 4:38AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Sidewalk crack
Any way to fill/hide this crack? I could cut slot wider....
Roof leak - best way to find it?
Hi Everyone, I am a condo owner in New Jersey and own...
How to stop leak in flat low slope roof
We have a low slope roof over our sunroom and car port....
Moss removal help!
Can anyone tell me how to effectively remove what looks...
How to safely pull down attic stairs in 12' ceiling
Hello all, I am buying a house with 12' ceilings and...
Sponsored Products
Icicle Blue Fusion Jack Mini Pendant
$182.16 | Bellacor
Janssens Junior Orangerie 13 x 10.25-Foot Greenhouse - J-ORA
Casa Sorrento 16 3/4" High Bronze Post Mount Light
$49.99 | Lamps Plus
AICO Furniture - Imperial Court Wood Trim Settee - AIC-79864-CHPGN-40
Great Furniture Deal
A Grandparents' Memory Book Hardcover
$9.99 | zulily
Rachel Amber Fusion Jack Bronze Mini Pendant
$371.52 | Bellacor
Mixed Silk Peony Arrangement with Glass Vase
Abetta Chisholm Trail Saddle - 205565BK
$471.24 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™