Freezing Meat, Poultry, Fish, Eggs and Dairy Products

Chemocurl zn5b/6a IndianaDecember 12, 2007

Hmmmm. I had been wondering about it so I did a search on it. Seems they can indeed be froze.

A convenient method of freezing whole egg mixture is to measure 3 tablespoons of egg mixture into each compartment of a clean ice tray. Freeze until solid. Remove frozen cubes, and package in moisture/vapor proof containers, seal and return to freezer immediately. One cube of the egg mixture equals one whole egg.

The recommended length of freezer storage for frozen eggs is 9 to 12 months. The complete article is linked below.

Then I will freeze them in the Handi Vac bags. No more either doing without them, or having to buy them when the prices are out of sight.

Happy Days!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Freezing Meat, Poultry, Fish, Eggs and Dairy Products

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynic

That's interesting. I've often heard when you have extra egg whites to put them in an ice cube tray and freeze them, then place in a plastic bag and mark clearly so they don't get mistakenly used in a drink. That could make for a mysterious Manhattan!

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Bookmark   December 13, 2007 at 5:15AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veggrljo

Restaurants commonly use pasteurized frozen eggs and egg whites - normally beaten for scrambled eggs and for baking. I guess it is not much of a stretch to do it at home.

Bookmark   December 13, 2007 at 11:53AM
More Discussions
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
Saving money when using an air condiioner or dehumidifier
This will actually save you money only if you pay for...
joyfulguy
kitchen sink size???
What is the best size for a kitchen sink? I am thinking...
abekker
What 'Home Improvements' are worth it?
Hi, I posted this message as a response to the woman...
Eileen_MA
Cable alternatives
We are moving to a place where we are unable to get...
mrsgym
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™