Michael's

MumGranny5April 21, 2002

Michael's won't put their ad in my zip code. Granted I am about 10 miles from their store - BUT if I'm willing to drive why aren't they willing to see that I get an ad. I have gone to the store and explained that I don't get the ad but all they say is "too bad, we can't give you one".

Also - was shopping there for a pair of locking tweezers. They didn't have any. Ended up finding a 2 pairs on eBay and they are coming from England - $5.00 total (including s&h). Guess I should be glad Michael's didn't have any - surely would have cost me more.

Can you tell, I DON'T like Michael's.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Alice_sj

MumGranny,
I asked about getting an ad mailed to me, and was told that I just have to buy the paper. Fortunately, I get a nice check out lady who scans a coupon she keeps at her register, so I get the 40% off.
I agree that it's sometime better to get stuff off ebay, but then again sometimes people go bid happy and bid way too high for what the item is.

Bookmark   April 22, 2002 at 6:17PM
April02

I live just a few miles from Michael's and have the same problem- They don't pay to have their ad put into my zip code. It is SO frustrating.

It isn't even the 40% off coupon- it's just the ergular sale stuff. Whenever I am near the store, I stop by, and IF paper happens to be one sale, I stock up... but they lose a LOT of my business because I never know what's on sale!

Luckily we have an AC Moore nearby also.. and they are MUCH cheaper, although they don't have as good a selection of papers.

Bookmark   April 26, 2002 at 11:23AM
minnie_tx

I never get anything in the mail from Michael's I buy the Dallas Sunday paper and sometimes there is an ad in there I also buy our local Sunday paper and there is usually a flyer in there. We get a free newspaper thrown on the lawn on Wednesdays with some local ads in it and there is usually a flyer from Michaels in it too. Some times I get 3 coupons a week tht way.

Bookmark   April 26, 2002 at 10:44PM
Laura_AL

Someone on another board posted this link to an online Michael's coupon. Other posters there say they used the coupon. It's worth a try!

Here is a link that might be useful: Michael's Coupon

Bookmark   April 30, 2002 at 11:33AM
MumGranny5

Thank you, Laura. This is great. Will try checking this website each week. They're going to have a VERY unhappy customer if they don't take this ad. Thanks again.

Bookmark   April 30, 2002 at 1:28PM
April02

The Michael's near us has started accepting the fifty percent off coupons from Joann's!!

Bookmark   April 30, 2002 at 10:22PM
tracymomof4

gosh i cant believe that im only about 3 miles from my neartest micheals and i get the coupons almost every sunday in our paper. I love Micheals but only because we dont have hobby lobby which is way better. I have 7 scrapping stores within 30 miles of me but now that Micheals sell Jolee boutique stickers i can get em there for 40%off and that is alot better than the lss.

Bookmark   May 1, 2002 at 7:06AM
More Discussions
What type of scrapbook do i need?
My son is a junior in high school. This summer I plan...
mrsgym
Scrapbook for Christmas
Hi everyone, I'm making a scrapbook for my hubby for...
june60
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
Does anyone know where I can purchase these....
Those clear corners that you can place on paper,to...
catlady15
Selling my Cricut
I need to sell my cricut, Where can I post this? its...
southerncrafter
Sponsored Products
Gold Orchid Easel Frame - GOLD
$145.00 | Horchow
Michael Jordan Laser Engraved Collage
$499.00 | FRONTGATE
Design Toscano Saint Francis Nature's Patron Saint Statue - EU1365
$72.90 | Hayneedle
Michael Brushed Pewter Two Light Flush Mount with White Alabaster Glass
$40.11 | Bellacor
Adam & Eve Ring Catch - GOLD
$89.00 | Horchow
AICO Furniture - After Eight 60 Round Glass Top Dining Table -...
Great Furniture Deal
Design Toscano Monkey Business Hanging Sculpture - EU41383
$43.90 | Hayneedle
Botanical Leaf Ring Catch
$69.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™