Sink Placement Question

1stTimer15May 18, 2013

Does anyone know why a sink would have been placed in this position? It's by itself, across from the refrigerator, next to the entry. Thinking about buying, but trying to figure out what I'd be up against in terms of remodeling.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ekbecker1

Very strange. It looks like it would be a nice laundry room sink, though!

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 7:49AM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

It's probably meant as a "beverage sink" but someone put in something much too large and didn't leave any counter space. I could see taking off the doors of the cabinets above and doing open shelving with some pretty glasses there. Of course if you're remodeling and getting rid of those cabinets, the layout possibilities open up to doing something else.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 8:10AM
Cindy103d

My family loves to wash their dirty hands in the kitchen sink after being outside, which I hate. If this is a back entry, perhaps it's for hand washing.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 10:15AM
1stTimer15

This is actually the only sink in the kitchen. And it's a coop. I'm going to take more pics today to see if I would be able to at least move the sink further down on the sme side of the kitchen.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 11:39AM
1stTimer15

This is actually the only sink in the kitchen. And it's a coop. I'm going to take more pics today to see if I would be able to at least move the sink further down on the sme side of the kitchen.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 11:40AM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

If this is slab construction, pass this house by. Something that wierd and dysfunctional isn't going to be the lone ranger. If you've got an unfinished basement or crawlspace, it all boils down to how much money you want to throw at this place before you ever move in. You're talking 30K for a kitchen redo in most parts of the country. And that's a budget redo if you're going to have to move plumbing.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 11:44AM
blfenton

I'm assuming that there is no DW and how close is another counter for prep work?

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 12:36PM
1stTimer15

Thanks for all your comments. It's a prewar coop apartment, and no, there isn't a dishwasher. I've attached additional pics that detail the counter space situation. I did put in an application, but I'm only a backup. Apparently, the first person is close to closing and has already had her contractor in the space. Based upon your comments, I'm not sure if I'll proceed even if the first deal were to somehow fall through.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 9:36AM
1stTimer15

pic of the counter space in this kitchen

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
Ikea Process?
We're re-thinking things and are now leaning towards...
annaw_123
Can anybody plz recommend a custom cabinetmaker in South Denver area?
Hello! This is my first time posting; I'm in the first...
ponderosafarm
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Budget or DIY Counter Options
I've got a couple of ideas I'd like to bounce out there,...
denizenx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™