Taking Change table apart?

djf863000August 25, 2012

I want to paint each shelves of the change table to cover the water stains. There are 6 screws on each sides, which i removed, but still can't get this table apart. I wonder if there is glue or something. I only have a metal hammer, so I don't want to damage anything. I tried to hammer with something soft (not directly on furniture) but still can't seem to figure it out how to get this thing apart.

I don't know very much, when it comes to furniture or wood work for that matter.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

From the pictures it looks like the white shelf sits a dado (groove) in the rails. Unless you can separate the rails from the uprights, I don't see you getting it apart.

Other than one picture I don't see where you took out the screws. In pictures 5 and 7 there seems to be some kind of cover in the upright, maybe for screws? In some cases this kind of stuff is assembled with a screw and dowel that's glued in (the screw holds things together while the glue sets up). You might be able to beat it apart but if the dowel breaks, you'll need to drill it out to insert a new one.

It might be just easier to mask off the wood and paint the shelves. The other option might be to cover the shelves with something like the stuff they use for cabinet shelves.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 9:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sdello

When you removed the screws did nyhting becaome loose? If not, then your answer is - the pieces were glued first and then screwed.

I'll second what mike said: it's probably easier to mask of the wood and paint the shelves or just cover the shelves with contact paper.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
martin-ferdinand
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
Asbestos in Popcorn Ceiling/ worried sick
Hi. My house was built in the late 60s and I recently...
mogley966
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
john2525
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™