What is this called

true4ucaFebruary 21, 2013

I have two light weight, long sleave T-shirts. They are too low (for me) in the neckline. I thought to just cut a mock turtle neck T-shirt and just use the neck part as an in sert. Kinda like I'm wearing two tops. I'm too warm already so I'd like to make one of these, but I don't know what it is called. I'd probably use a light weight cotton.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

They used to be called dickies, but don't know if that's what they're still called. I think so, tho.

    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 1:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

They are stilled called dickies, at least by me...

Here is a link that might be useful: dickies

    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 3:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you so much, yes it's still called a dickie. Saw where to make one using a blouse. Will be trying that one for sure. Need to get to a thrift store & find a blouse I won't mind cutting up.

    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 3:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Debra Wright

When I have a top that is cut too low, I just wear a tank top underneath.

    Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 7:49PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
Seamstress Needed
Hi, Is there any experience seamstresses in Illinois...
Sponsored Products
Indoor Area Rug: Heritage Red/Ivory 9' x 12' 9" Plush
Home Depot
Designers Fountain 96186 Barcelona 6 Light Chandelier in Natural Iron Finish Mul
$335.50 | Hayneedle
AICO Furniture - Biscayne West California King Canopy Bed In Haze...
Great Furniture Deal
Burgundy Double-Fill Down Alternative Microfiber Comforter
$24.99 | zulily
Sumerain Waterfall Double-Handle Bathroom Sink Faucet
What Horses Teach Us Book
$15.50 | FRONTGATE
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Linon Home Decor Rugs Silhouette Key Navy
$49.97 | Home Depot
Mega Bulb Pendant by &Tradition
$290.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™