Creative Memor!es question

phyllis_philodendronMarch 17, 2004

I'm bidding on some oval and circle cutters on ebay ... do I need the mat? Can I use a traditional self-healing rotary cutter mat with these templates?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heather_on

You don't necessarily have to have the mat but you will need the red, blue and green cutters.

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 11:10PM
phyllis_philodendron

How much do these normally cost? I'm afraid that in my crazy flurry of bidding I will end up paying more through ebay than if I ordered them. LOL So I have no idea what a fair price is.

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 11:12PM
stephmc72

I dont believe CM sells just the blades. But if you were to buy the system through them, you'd get 3 circles, 3 blades and the mat for $38. The other shapes come in sets of 3 and they run $14 per set.

Bookmark   March 18, 2004 at 2:14AM
phyllis_philodendron

I just bought the circles set on Ebay...can I get ovals instead with the blades and mat?

I suppose I should talk to my rep...! but we're on vacation now and away from home! Of all the times. LOL

Bookmark   March 18, 2004 at 9:02AM
stephmc72

With your circle set, did you get the blades? You definitely need the blades, and could probalby use another mat but I like theirs. You could talk to your rep and see what's out there. It's possible you could get it cheaper on eBay, but it might be easier to just get it thru your rep.

They have all kinds of shapes available, they're so much fun!

Bookmark   March 18, 2004 at 11:09AM
ctmom88

Hi Phyllis,

You can use a regular self-healing mat with the CM cutting system. I use the Fiskars mat or sometimes a glass square. The glass is technically a no-no though since it dulls the blades. BTW, the CM self-healing mat is thicker than the Fiskars one, but either will be fine.

You will need the red/blue/green CM cutting blades. You can buy them as a set or individually. They are about $4-$5 per blade I *think*.

Enjoy! I love my CM cutting system. It's awesome.

Bookmark   May 8, 2004 at 2:49AM
sheshebop

Phyllis,
I recognize your name from the cooking forum. I'm over there too. This is my first time here. I have the CM set and I like it, but it takes some getting used to.
Sherry

Bookmark   May 25, 2004 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Scrapbook for Christmas
Hi everyone, I'm making a scrapbook for my hubby for...
june60
Help with beach or picnic wording
I have searched high and low.....Im having a thermal...
eileenlaunonen
Searching for a Grandemark Roller Die Cutting System
Hello :) I am looking for a Grandemark Roller Die cutting...
rachelaakmama
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Does anyone know where I can purchase these....
Those clear corners that you can place on paper,to...
catlady15
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™