"R" word for shawl or poncho-like garment please?

arlinekFebruary 20, 2013

It's driving me crazy. The lower edge is usually rounded, it's split open up the front and just wraps around the shoulders & back, sometimes seamed down the back. It's longish, maybe to the hips or a little longer. Starts with the letter "R" ...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

FINALLY remembered it: the word is RUANA!!

    Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 6:56AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It would have driven me crazy if you had not remembered the word!!!! Don't think I've ever heard it called that, anyway.

    Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 7:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Also "rebozo" - a really big shawl

    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 9:18PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™