Prell Shampoo

krissie55November 13, 2012

For those looking for Prell Shampoo, look at the Dollar General Store or similar.

An employee at Walgreen's suggested to check with the Dollar General Stores. I called the local store and they claim they have Prell.

The employee also suggested I call the phone number on the Prell bottle. I did and found out the number has been disconnected/no longer in service.

Since the customer service number on the Prell bottle has been disconnected, this probably means Prell has been discontinued and outlet stores are selling the remaining bottles.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I didn't find any at Walmart my last visit. Next time I will ask if it has been discontinued.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 9:18PM
krissie55

Well, just as I thought....Prell has been discontinued and the local Dollar Store is unable to get anymore. They keep ordering but it never comes.

I bought the last bottles they had on the shelf and my husband thought I was crazy. He is the one that "loves" Prell and says he only uses a little dab to shampoo his hair (almost bald). I use Prell to remove built up residue from conditioners and moisturizing shampoos as well as scrub the marble surround of the bathtub.

Shampoo cleans the tub surround better than a household cleaner.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 4:50PM
mikie_gw

Prell was introduced by Procter & Gamble in 1947.
Prell and Head & Shoulders, also made by Procter & Gamble, were the two best-selling shampoos in the United States in June 1977.

Looks like they are still in business..
Phone: (877) 489-6073

My long time favorite shampoo too .. I usually buy several bottles because it takes so damn much time to find it in the grocery shelfs mixed in with the 50 foot long isle of of a million different shampoo's.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ultimarkproducts.com/products/prell/

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 5:01PM
emma

I found Prell at Dollar General and bought all they had on hand, 3 bottles. The manager had not heard anything about it being discontinued.

Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 10:02AM
kirkhall

ya'll need to make better use of Amazon...

Here is a link that might be useful: Prell

Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 10:05PM
jannie

Whenever I see known brand names in the 99 cent/dollar stores, I get suspicious. Is it The Real Thing I remember or a Chinese knock-off?

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:07AM
LuAnn_in_PA

"Well, just as I thought....Prell has been discontinued"

How did you come to that conclusion?
It is still for sale!

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 12:03PM
krissie55

Was an easy conclusion.

Prell has not been in the regular stores around here for the past 3 years and the Dollar General Store told me they could not get it anymore because Prell had been discontinued.

I am glad to know Prell is still available in other parts of the USA.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 2:13PM
emma

I think I had better hit the other Dollar General and pick up what I can find.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 6:56PM
emma

Went to another Dollar General and they had plenty, bought 6 more for $2.50 a bottle. They had not heard anything about it being discontinued. It may just be a rumor or a clerk said it was discontinued and meant from their store not from the manufacturer.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 2:23PM
More Discussions
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
Off topic: A sad tale but also true...
A widow friend of mine was telling me today about the...
budster
Which smartphone for PagePlus?
Looking for help for my first smartphone purchase,...
wonderinginnh
Money saving idea
Start deep cleaning your home. It is amazing the things...
ellendi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™