Value Dry or Ct Basement Systems

melishawkAugust 16, 2008

Hi, I am trying to decide which company in CT to use to dry out my wet basement. I have read through several scarry threads! Reps from both companies have already been here. I did not experience the rude, hard sell from value dry as the people in the dc area. Value dry seems to be the smarter plan...try to stop the water before it gets to the room. They have a lifetime guarantee while CBSys. has a 12 month guarantee. Value dry uses drywall and studs to finish a basement while CBSys says you must use a wall and floor system to allow the water that does get in to drain. I'm not sure what to do. Who is right? Their prices are similar. Please Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shadetree_bob

Well for me the most important point would be to stop the moisture/water before it gets in and to have some sort of backup drain/sump system in place. Sounds like maybe CBS wants to install a raised floor and drain away the water that gets under it. I would think that this method is going to result in a potential mold problem. A good gutter system and proper drainage away from the house is going to go a long way toward solving the wet basement problem. without the right conditions outside the house, you are always going to have moisture problems inside the basement.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 9:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chipworsech_gmail_com

Value Dry Basement Waterproofing is one of the largest American Basement Waterproofing Companies and their experience is unsurpassed. They've done about 150,000 basements. You can't beat that anywhere. Installing a basement perimeter drainage system is probably something Value Dry could do blind folded. They've got an A Rating with the Better Business Bureau so there aren't really any Value Dry complaints out there. And after doing that many basements you can rest assured they'll do the job right and won't damage your foundation. So whether it's Value Dry vs. CT Basement or American Dry or Value DRy vs Basement Systems, I'm pretty sure Value Dry usually comes out on top. There are tons of positive Value Dry reviews out there and not so many Value Dry complaints! That's a good indicator.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.valuedry.com

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 4:47AM
More Discussions
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™