PVC uses

robertz6November 13, 2012

I use short pieces that neighbors pitch.

Small sizes like 1/2" to 2" diameter are used to make organizers with PVC glues. Base is scrap wood like 1/2" or 3/4" thick plywood.

Two or three inch diameter are used to store tools. Quicker to find than in a toolbox, a length of pvc runs between two pieces of wood. Holes at top of pvc allow tool to stand upright. One piece for my screwdrivers, one for pliers. If a tool is long, a bottom hole in pvc could allow better stability. Unlike the organizers, this does not require glues be used. Spade bits or metal use drill bits are what I use. Krylon type spray paints bonds nicely pvc without use a primer. One of mine is orange, another yellow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krissie55

Robertz6, that is a great idea, Cool!

I use PVC pipes with caps on one end to make folding table leg extensions. Slip table legs into PVC pipes cut length needed. Makes a great sewing table just the right height. No more backaches leaning over lower tables to cut out fabric.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 6:46PM
mustangs81

I use PVC for an umbrella holder. I have 8 joined together in a circle, it stands up very well and is kept in the garage. With that said, I don't know why we have so many umbrellas (various sizes and logos) but we seem to use them all for sun and rain conditions. Precut 2' in length from HD
4 - 2 1/2" and 4 - 3 1/2" in diameter
Joined together with PVC cement
Stick the golf umbrellas in the larger tubes

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 5:44PM
xminion

Drill some holes, get some spray paint...you actually have a nice sounding flute.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 4:44PM
benlinus

I use PVC pipe in the ceiling at one end to a folding table leg extensions. Slip necessary for cutting PVC pipe table legs. A great sewing table just the right height.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:04AM
benlinus

I use PVC pipe in the ceiling at one end to a folding table leg extensions. Slip necessary for cutting PVC pipe table legs. A great sewing table just the right height.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
kitchen sink size???
What is the best size for a kitchen sink? I am thinking...
abekker
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
What about saving money when renovating?
Does anyone have any tips for that?
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
Holiday decorations
Hey all, I've got a great money saving tip for everyone. You...
TmF1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™