PVC uses

robertz6November 13, 2012

I use short pieces that neighbors pitch.

Small sizes like 1/2" to 2" diameter are used to make organizers with PVC glues. Base is scrap wood like 1/2" or 3/4" thick plywood.

Two or three inch diameter are used to store tools. Quicker to find than in a toolbox, a length of pvc runs between two pieces of wood. Holes at top of pvc allow tool to stand upright. One piece for my screwdrivers, one for pliers. If a tool is long, a bottom hole in pvc could allow better stability. Unlike the organizers, this does not require glues be used. Spade bits or metal use drill bits are what I use. Krylon type spray paints bonds nicely pvc without use a primer. One of mine is orange, another yellow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krissie55

Robertz6, that is a great idea, Cool!

I use PVC pipes with caps on one end to make folding table leg extensions. Slip table legs into PVC pipes cut length needed. Makes a great sewing table just the right height. No more backaches leaning over lower tables to cut out fabric.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 6:46PM
mustangs81

I use PVC for an umbrella holder. I have 8 joined together in a circle, it stands up very well and is kept in the garage. With that said, I don't know why we have so many umbrellas (various sizes and logos) but we seem to use them all for sun and rain conditions. Precut 2' in length from HD
4 - 2 1/2" and 4 - 3 1/2" in diameter
Joined together with PVC cement
Stick the golf umbrellas in the larger tubes

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 5:44PM
xminion

Drill some holes, get some spray paint...you actually have a nice sounding flute.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 4:44PM
benlinus

I use PVC pipe in the ceiling at one end to a folding table leg extensions. Slip necessary for cutting PVC pipe table legs. A great sewing table just the right height.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:04AM
benlinus

I use PVC pipe in the ceiling at one end to a folding table leg extensions. Slip necessary for cutting PVC pipe table legs. A great sewing table just the right height.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
hail damage
is it necessary to have hail damage insurance in MN...
stoveguyy
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
Off topic: A sad tale but also true...
A widow friend of mine was telling me today about the...
budster
What 'Home Improvements' are worth it?
Hi, I posted this message as a response to the woman...
Eileen_MA
are your sheets coming off?
MY SHEETS WERE ALWAYS COMING OFF OF THE BED. ON A SHOPPING...
wjswecampbell
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™