looking for slipcover fabric

ratherbesewingJuly 28, 2012

I found this fabric on the MaryJo site and ordered a sample. Unfortunately, in real life, it's much darker-it looks like a regular old tan color from the other side of the room. So disappointing-I guess that's why you order a sample instead of purchasing 20 yards. I plan on slipcovering a family room sofa and want something that won't show every smudge and stain. Have you slipcovered/upholstered anything recently with a fabric you love? I need some inspiration and only have a local Joanns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary Jo's

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
My3dogs

No slipcovers here but I have been playing with upholstery. I got the fabric for this one from Country Curtains; it was $30.50 per yard on sale for $3.99, and it's fabulous. They are sold out of 2 colorways, including mine, but they have it left in a neutral, which may be what you want. I have linked it below. I used the back side of this 'Belvedere' fabric facing out.

I also recommend Barn Fabric Center, as Gary usually sells his 'drapery' weight fabrics for $5.99 a yard and ships very quickly. http://www.barnfabriccenter.com/
His upholstery fabric is $6.99 a yard right now.

I bought the linen to re-do this antique chair from the Barn. Modelling it after this Restoration Hardware one for $1695. http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod80194&categoryId=cat280016

Before -

During/almost after! Please try to ignore that awfully messy background.

I'll make a large down pillow for it from this 100% flax fabric from eBay. This was just a small sample one.

I can't recommend eBay for fabric enough, if you have the time to scroll through hundreds - thousands of options. I have bought so much fabric there, at incredibly good prices, as well as from FabricGuru.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Belvedere Fabric

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - I hate it!!
I'm painting a few pieces of furniture for my daughters...
aggierose
Is this legit? RH law suit. You get this ?
This came on email. I suspect it's bogus, but thought...
martinca_gw
SW Kilm Beige
If you have used this color, would you please tell...
boystown
Speaking of food...Sacher Torte
I recently found out my son's favorite dessert is Sacher...
Javachik
Sponsored Products
Provence Oval Outdoor Coffee Table - Black, 42" x 24" Oval, Patio Furniture
$995.00 | FRONTGATE
LBL Lighting | Tessa 8 Light Suspension
YLighting
New Geometric Heriz Serapi Runner 3'x16' Persian Hand Knotted Red Wool Rug - H33
BH Sun Inc
Savannah 7831 Linen Tower - 7831
$152.97 | Hayneedle
Parisian Script Table Lamp Shade
Cost Plus World Market
Tiffany Style Butterfly and Flower Floor Lamp with Dome Shape Shade
ParrotUncle
Myrtle Wreath
$39.99 | zulily
Teddy Lounge Chair & Ottoman in Charcoal
Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for: