Viking 400/500 info needed

puzzlefanJanuary 5, 2013

I have a nice basic Viking 400 which get very intermittent use and probably has fewer hours on it than most sewers put on theirs. About 18 years old and now the electric control for the food pedal needs replacing but it would cost pretty much close to my original cost of the machine. If anyone has their warranty info handy, could you let me know if electrical parts were covered and for how long?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

I have never heard of an 18 year old machine by any maker having anything under warrantee. Usually about 3 years on everything is all you get. It is not like a car where things are separated and certain things are warranteed longer. You may be able to get a new foot pedal on line cheaper or maybe just the cord needs to be replaced which would be a lot cheaper. They are sold separately.

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 3:30AM
new-beginning

some items are 20 yrs and some are only 5 yrs.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 8:53PM
dancingirl_gw

I have machines with 20 & 25 yr warranties, but I don't believe the warranties would cover the foot pedal. Your best bet is a Google search, ebay, or maybe www.sewingpartsdirect.com/ . I've had some luck at this site. I'm sure there are others.

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 9:27AM
More Discussions
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
lsst
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
vithdude
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
sewing curtain that has print on one side
I wanted to make curtain that have the print side on...
tropical_thought
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™