Help needed to enlarge pattern...

teresa_nc7January 30, 2008

Would it be possible to make this dress pattern a larger size and how would I go about doing it? I'm a fairly experience sewing hobbyist, BTW. I loved this dress and would like to try making it again...only larger....of course.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Teresa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Don't know how much larger you need it,but it looks like a very simple pattern.Just looking at it ,it looks like all you have to do is add the same amount to each seam to get the size you need. Maybe someone here has it in a larger size as well.
Kathi

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 10:33PM
cmc_97

Adding just at the seams only takes you so far. I know multiple-size patterns look as if they are different only at the seam lines, but that's not really the case.

To size up, you'll need more "room" over the chest and the back, not just at the sides.

Here's a tutorial about sizing patterns both up a size or down a size.

CMC

Here is a link that might be useful: Resizing patterns, Sense and Sensibility web site

Bookmark   January 31, 2008 at 1:17AM
teresa_nc7

Thanks for both replies! I don't know why I didn't think about going to S&S's web site. I did think about emailing Jennie herself - LOL!

I surfed the web for a larger pattern but only found the smaller size for sale and I've already got that one. I think I will take my measurements *groan* and make the dress in a cheaper fabric before I order linen for it. I will only have to adjust 3 pattern pieces - front, back and sleeve, then add a bit to the facing and the hem.

I appreciate the help!
Teresa

Bookmark   January 31, 2008 at 7:12AM
More Discussions
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
Singer toy sewing machine question
Hi, I have a Singer Sewhandy toy electric sewing machine...
philanna273
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
Don't want to mess this up Please Help!
I'm wanting to make a doll for my granddaughter using...
skyanne_9
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™