mosaic moments?

swamp_thingMarch 2, 2006

My daughter got me some mosaic like layout?Its black with small squares like?I have seen pictures with theses and they look like real nice? How do you do these/Do you cut them cut or lay it on top of the pictures and glue them down or what?What kind of glue would you use?and cutting them in a lot of squares seem like a hand full?Hope someone knows what I am talking about?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

I'm not sure what you have. CM has square shaped punches that work great for punching uniform squares. To stick them to paper, you can use a glue stick, THey sell glue sticks for scrapbooking in the scrapbook section at stores, but I suspect a regular glue stick is the same thing. In place of glue, you can use photosticks that are little squares of double sided tape. I'd arrange the squares on the paper first and then put my picture down.

Bookmark   March 6, 2006 at 11:20AM
swamp_thing

THey are 12x12 size overlays don't need to cut photos to fit they fit over your photos?I can see to put glue all around the edges but the line in between them how would you glue that down or would you? Thank you so much for answering my post. Swamp thing

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 12:33PM
adellabedella_usa

I think I have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Another way to stick the photos would be to make an extra large mat to go behind them and then put photo sticks on the outside of the matted photo and stick it to the underside of the overlay. I wouldn't worry about gluing anything else down. I think it would preserve your picture better.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 3:31PM
swamp_thing

hello and you lost me here?I understand stick the photo's on a large matted paper but then you lost me?So, sorry I'm reading it again but still do not understand? What are photo sticks?Ok think I understand now? but I don't know where you were get photo sticks at?

Bookmark   March 9, 2006 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
New to Scrapbooking and Need Some Help
I haven't actually started yet, but just gathering...
Karen10125
Which Cricut machine to keep?
My daughter received two Cricut machines as gifts....
azmom
Cricut
Does anyone have the new Cricut system?
ngmnewlywed
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Help with beach or picnic wording
I have searched high and low.....Im having a thermal...
eileenlaunonen
Sponsored Products
ELK Lighting 078-TB-10 Mini Pendant - 23.5H in. Tiffany Bronze - 078-TB-10
$138.00 | Hayneedle
Monaco 48" Outdoor Console Table - Black, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Xten Office Chair
Italy Design
Tom Dixon | Peg Lounge Chair, Set of 2
YLighting
City Heritage Multi Accent Rug (2'6 x 3'10)
Overstock.com
Laguna 6 Piece Outdoor Patio Sectional Set in Espresso Peridot
$1,499.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™